Senior Enterprise Applications Architect
Posted on Oct 12, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking an Senior Enterprise Applications Architect. Candidate will be responsible for developing architecture strategies and plans to support different application development portfolios across the different lines of businesses. Candidate will be a change agent constantly looking at opportunities for improvement and will be responsible for modernizing our applications landscape and eliminating technical debt, as well as provide direction, make high level design choices, and dictate standards including software, tools, and platforms. In addition you will collaborate with solutions architects, business and IT owners to ensure that the solutions are adhering to the enterprise technology standards and best practices. Candidate will build, maintain and govern an enterprise level blueprint depicting a holistic view of the organization's business strategy through the supporting technology. Partner with Business representatives, Application Portfolio & Application Development, Engineering, Operations and Support, IT Security, Digital partners, IT Planning, and the Project Management Office. Provide guidance and direction to the overall technical strategy and road-map by aligning cost-effective and reusable solutions while advancing the usage of new emerging trends and technical capabilities. Define and govern a series of deliverables and processes within the organization's operating model, ensuring every aspect of architecture is thoroughly considered and effectively executed. Develop a community of practice for the proper execution of the architectural components and for the enablement of solutions architecture.
- Create, maintain, and govern architectural views and blueprints depicting the Business and IT landscape in its current, transitional, and future state.
- Recommend long-term direction on strategic advancements within the technical portfolio.
- Define and maintain standards for artifacts containing architectural content within the operating model.
- Build a Community of Practice for solutions architecture while leveraging architectural tools, processes, and practices.
- Offer insight, guidance, and direction on the usage of emerging trends and technical capabilities.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in large scale technology architecture definition, and integration of new technologies and solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in developing architecture road maps, reference architectures, and evangelizing adoption of architecture principles in the design and delivery of technology solutions.
- Experience with cloud native architectures, micro services, enterprise integration platforms, messaging infrastructures, and event driven architectures.
- Experience with custom application development and COTS software, CRM platforms, caching, and database technologies.
- Experience in large scale design of complex systems and distributed architectures, in providing architecture technology oversight, and leading a team of architects through large scale initiatives.
- Working experience with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF.
- Working experience with modern agile development methodologies and practices.
- Bachelor's degree