Principal Product Designer - Top Online Tech Company
Posted on Oct 12, 2019 by Salt
Principal Visual Product Designer
@ Design-centric Online SaaS Company
Based in Barcelona (Relocation Packages Available!)
Are you a talented and passionate Principal-level Product Designer who excels in Visual Design?
Want to tackle complex but exciting problems?
Do you want to work for an awesome customer-focused startup SaaS company trusted by the likes of Apple, Nike & AirBnB?
Would you love to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment as part of a curious and skilled team that champion best design practices?
As a Principal Product Designer you will:
- Work with design leadership to craft, refine, implement, and communicate design vision and strategy across the organization.
- Spin yarns. Effectively communicate and evangelize design thinking throughout the organization with compelling storytelling.
- Champion empathy for people who use the product. Let their needs guide you to the best solutions and inform the product roadmap.
- Collaborate closely with product, business, data and engineering partners in an agile environment. Deliver innovative design experiences to customers at each stage of their journey.
- Ensure the delivery of a consistent user experience across the product.
- Take ownership of your work and responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- You've designed many consumer products using emerging technologies for web, mobile, and other devices
- You find and craft elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- You have a broad range of skills with strengths in visual product design.
- You champion user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- You love mentoring designers.
- You can grow design practices to deliver a unified product, from concept to implementation.
- You're energized by hands-on work: sketching concepts, defining flows, building prototypes, or polishing final designs.
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and make strategy come to life.
- You're constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, user research, contextual interviews, and competitive/analogous research.
- You're proactive, creative, adaptable, and collaborative. You love wrestling with problems.
- You quickly create a range of engaging, elegant, easy-to-use, and technically-feasible ideas.
- You can show a portfolio showcasing an appetite for designs that push boundaries and take risks.
- You have a degree in design or comparable on-the-job experience.
- You're fluent in English - (the companies working language!)
If all of this sounds great to you, we want to see your work!
Show us your portfolio!
click apply or email directly to (see below)