Thermoforming Maintenance Supervisor
Posted on Oct 11, 2019 by HC Companies
Experience (preferred or required):
Associate's degree and/or advanced technical certificates required or Bachelor's degree from a 4-year school with focus on engineering preferred.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years' hands on skilled electrical/mechanical maintenance.
- Experience working on plastics machinery (extrusion, thermoforming, injection) preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint.
- Valid driver's license, certs for maintenance, universal recovery (HVAC), electrical, and welding.
- Position requires an individual with proven supervisory and work planning experience. Hands On work style with strong maintenance skills in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic function areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is to manage the Maintenance support organization for the Thermoforming and Co-Extrusion lines.
- Develops, prioritizes and coordinates maintenance activities across all shifts. Assists with troubleshooting major production problems and equipment failures.
- Supports the Preventative Maintenance team through active communication of daily activities
- Supports preventative/predictive maintenance programs, PM scheduling, and facility-wide performance tracking for Continuous Improvement.
- Oversees maintenance projects and new equipment installation for manufacturing needs.
- Works closely with Site Manager, Operations and HR to assure facility compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety programs and governmental requirements.
- Communicates effectively with Senior Management, Shift Leaders, Maintenance Staff personnel and productions employees.
- Supports all scheduled maintenance activities (PMs, rebuilds, etc.).
- Manages and completes unscheduled maintenance repairs as instructed.
- Performs and assigns unscheduled repairs on conveyors, thermoforming machines, extruders, print machines, labelers, air compressors, loading equipment, chillers and various other machines.
- Must be able to read production schedule compliance.
- Must be able to accurately manage the entering and tracking and enter work orders into the Work Order system and verify.
- Duties would include, but not limited to, electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic repair, building and machinery maintenance and fabrication.
- Repairs, maintains, replaces, installs and tests electrical/electronic systems, circuits and equipment.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as pneumatic tools, motors, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment.
- Repairs complex electrical equipment, including automated machines, controls, panels, relays, alarms and circuit breakers.
- Installs/Oversees functional and structural parts in devices or equipment, including power, light, electronic and control circuits.
- Inspects equipment and diagnoses trouble or malfunctions.
- Analyzes equipment failures, determines cause and makes necessary adjustments.
- Operates electrical hand tools and voltage or ampere measuring devices.
- Provides technical assistance to lower level maintenance technicians.
- Must be able to accurately complete all administrative paperwork.
- Leads by example and performs all job duties in accordance with The HC Companies values - Safety, Integrity, Commitment to Excellence, Teamwork, Service, and Can-Do attitude.
- Supports all company policies and procedures including 5S and focused work teams.
- Performs other administrative tasks and special projects as assigned.
Position Requirements and Skills
- Must be driven by data and continuous improvement.
- Must have knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Basic skills: critical thinking, reading comprehension, electrical print reading, blue print reading.
- Basic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Complex problem-solving skills: problem identification, information gathering, information organizing, idea generation, idea evaluation.
- Technical skills: programming, troubleshooting, operation monitoring, testing.
- Working knowledge of techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in machinery maintenance.
- Formal apprenticeship and/or equivalent training and experience.
- Must be able to successfully lead/manage others.
- Must be dependable and safety oriented.
- Must be flexible in working hours including overtime, holidays, and different shifts as required.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent communication/interpersonal skills necessary to communicate intricate job-related information and get along well with others.
- Ability to work in a team oriented work environment.
- Ability to successfully prioritize, and organize projects, deadlines, and tasks with little supervision.
- Negative pre-employment drug screen and ability to pass criminal background check.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Limited travel as required.