Senior .NET Software Engineer
Posted on Oct 11, 2019 by Responsive Search, Inc.
The Senior .NET Software Engineer is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting software systems.
Works closely with business analysts and customers to gather requirements in order to ensure the customer's business needs and expectations are met in a timely and cost effective manner. Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and provides resolution. Prepares and modifies technical documentation. Researches, evaluates and recommends new development tools and applications as appropriate. May be responsible for managing work within a project.
- Analysis and Design. Researches, compiles, and evaluates information used in the development and maintenance of large and complex systems and processes to satisfy business needs. Designs large and complex systems and/or support processes that meet customer requirements while effectively interacting with existing systems/support processes.
- Programming and Testing. Constructs, modifies, and tests large and complex system changes.
- Problem determination and resolution. Quickly diagnoses complex problems; determines and implements quality solutions in a timely fashion. This covers all areas of production support and daily problem research and resolution. Production incidents need prompt attention and correction to reduce impact on the business area.
- Provides thorough and complete documentation for all programming changes and enhancements. Documentation must meet corporate standards.
- Business Knowledge and Interaction: Understands the business needs of the customer and provides quality customer support by providing appropriate communication, anticipating customer needs and/or problems, and understanding the broad impact of changes on all customer processes. Provides appropriate solutions and proactively suggests process improvements.
- Project/Task Management. Performs project management duties for the technical aspects of large and complex projects as needed depending on the nature of the project. Manages individual tasks on large projects to ensure that all tasks are delivered according to the project plan.
- IT Influence/Leadership. Provides leadership as a model of how others should interact and accomplish tasks. Is considered 'a top expert' by peers in one or more important areas of expertise, such as, a programming language, computer system, data base, etc. Provides an appropriate level of feedback to peers, support and interface areas, and management. Willingly shares and assists in the development skills of others.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates a thorough, detailed working knowledge of relevant technologies. Responsible for designing and implementing how the technologies will be incorporated in current systems or will be used in development of very complex new systems.
- Demonstrates a thorough, detailed understanding of various data structures.
- Requires programming skills sufficient to solve difficult and complex technical problems.
- Must be able to manage multiple, changing priorities, resolve conflicts and be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be self- motivated, able to work independently and willing to self-teach and take responsibility for ongoing professional development.
- Ability to analyze and design software solutions to meet complex requirements.
- Requires oral and written communication skills sufficient to communicate clearly with peers and customers.
Work Experience, Education, Certification/Training Required:
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in Management Information Services, Computer Science or Math related field may substitute for up to 4 years of work and/or technical experience.
- 8+ years of applicable work and/or technical experience using .NET, C#, SQL Server, MVC, Angular.js and the Full Microsoft Stack is preferred.
- Technical certifications are desirable and may substitute for some work and/or technical experience. (Microsoft Certifications, etc.)
- Recognized expertise in their assigned areas of responsibility.