Cloud Platform Engineer
Posted on Oct 11, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Cloud Platform Engineer
- Design and implement a centralized unstructured data management ecosystem to collect, analyze, store, protect and govern unstructured data for the enterprise.
- Work closely with the team to design, plan, build and maintain a scalable Cloud platform for the evolving needs to support Company's Unstructured Data Strategy.
- Provide recommendations on implementation of organization wide processes and procedures for the management of data risk especially if the solution is based on a public cloud services.
- Coordinate with Network and Infrastructure teams to design systems that can scale to the operational needs of handling large volumes of Unstructured data
- Partners with other internal teams and peers in the department to ensure holistic solutions meet the needs of various stakeholders.
- Leverages and uses Big Data best practices to develop technical solutions used for handling of Unstructured data.
- Supports Innovation; regularly provides new ideas to help people, process, and technology that interact with data ecosystem.
- Develop and builds frameworks/prototypes that integrate Unstructured data and advanced analytics to make better business decisions.
- Supports a clear communication strategy that keeps all relevant stakeholders informed and provides an opportunity to influence the direction of the work
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent work experience.
- Building out a scalable multi-tenant AWS private and public cloud environment that meets the architectural requirements of the cloud platform
- Familiar with software development to drive data & analytic efforts using Java and either Scala or Python as the programming languages.
- Familiar with Development frameworks: Hibernate, Micro Service, Spring boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration
- Familiar with Messaging/Streaming: JMS, Kafka/Kinesis
- Developer experience building applications/solutions using public/private cloud infrastructure
- AWS Knowledge and experience - Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, S3 etc.
- Database knowledge - Oracle or Any No SQL DB like Couchbase, MongoDB, DocumentDB
- Experience with CICD (continuous integration & delivery) pipelines
- Automation, Configuration Management (eg Ansible, Puppet), Dev-ops practices
- Familiarity with Linux Containers/Docker/Kubernetes.
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: (see below)