Posted on Oct 11, 2019 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
We are currently searching for a Software Test Engineer to work in Eindhoven, The Netherlands for 2 years plus extensions. This is a fantastic contract opportunity for a large high tech company.
Qualify the new software versions whether they behave according to their customer expectation and provide a release advice.
In the role of system software test engineer you will perform several activities in your work.
- Test Impact determination
Together with the architects and developers, the changes made in the software release must be assessed to determine which test cases must be executed or created to qualify the software for release. As test engineer you assess the risk from a customer's point-of-view and identify which system level test cases must be executed.
- Software qualification
- Define and execute system software level qualification tests on the various test environments, such as a simulation environment, as well as real Twinscan systems.
- Create system test cases
Create new system level test cases to qualify the system software. Apart from the functional behavior of the system also the non-functional requirements must be verified. Once these test cases have shown their value, they are automated via Python scripts or as keyword driven test scripts.
- Test result analysis
The results of the executed test cases must be analyzed and compared against the acceptance criteria of the test. Based upon this comparison you take action towards the development teams to correct the observed behaviour.
- Test result reporting
You report the result of the executed test cases to the project leader and submit incident reports in the defect tracking system for resolution by the development teams.
- Continuous improvement
New issues coming from customers or from the factory are analyzed why they were not caught by our own tests. Preventive actions are defined, amongst others to improve existing testcases, create new test cases, adjust the test process, etc.
- WO/HBO education level
- Preferred educated in Computer Science
- At least 4 years' experience in testing high-tech systems.
- Visible experience in creation of system level test cases.
- Experience with programming/Scripting/automation (Unix/Linux, Python)
- Experience in testing from a customer perspective is preferred.
- Flexible and goal oriented, able to realize progress within an uncertain and rapidly changing environment.
- Fluent use of the English language.
- Takes ownership and is decisive.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.