Posted on Oct 11, 2019 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
My Client is a Leading Tier 1 Bank with astonishing extension plans for 2019
As part of this expansion, we are seeking a high stature Operations Engineer for Unix Application - Zurich, Switzerland.
- As a member of the Unix Application Platform Operation Team, you are in business co-responsible for the central application platform (Java EE and web infrastructure).
- Answer inquiries and resolve incidents
- Monitor application platforms and systems
- Provision infrastructure components such as Web & Application Server, API Gateway, Web Application Firewalls (WAF) and certificates in production and Non-production environments
- Performing maintenance
- They standardize and automate activities
- Deploy business applications
- Work in engineering and business/integration projects
- In the event of major disruptions in taskforces
- Well-founded computer science education (eg FH, ETH, Uni)
- Several years of experience as a software developer and with agile development methods
- DevOps mentality
- Quick comprehension
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Independent and accurate way of working readiness for patch and working outside normal working hours
- (Evening, weekend)
- Very high quality awareness
- Resilient, team/client-oriented and communicative personality
Requirements (Technology eg Java, Linux etc)
- Very good developer skills in Java and Python
- Very good knowledge of CI/CD
- Sound knowledge of Linux/RHEL, Shell Scripting, Ansible, Git, Web & Application Server
- Network, DNS, Load Balancer, TLS, HTTP, API Gateway, WAF, Docker and Kubernetes, cloud technologies
- Great experience in the integration of software and the operation of application platforms and systems
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.