Project Management Office (PMO)
Posted on Oct 11, 2019 by Hanson Regan Ltd
Our client is looking for a PMO to join an exciting project in the Release Management area in Barcelona. You will be part of a talented and motivated team, having fun whilst you work.
You will own the release management life cycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases for different environments. This position involves release preparation, scheduling, communication, monitoring, reporting, and interaction with IT managers.
- Working collaboratively with other functional areas in order to deploy software to different environments.
- Assist users with the release policy guidelines.
- Guiding and enforcing processes and procedures to ensure quality releases to different environments.
- Dealing with IT managers to get approvals for software deployments.
- Planning releases and working with IT teams to understand impacts of software deployment and dependencies.
- Conducting release readiness, milestone reviews, and providing Go/No-Go reviews.
- Monitoring software deployments, resolving incidences and reporting to IT Management teams.
- Coordinating executor groups and third party deployments.
- Ensuring that environments are properly set up, configured, and available for each deployment as scheduled.
- Leading meetings and calls to discuss release planning with offshore teams.
- Actively managing and improving the release processes.
- Collaborate with the Release Calendar working closely with different IT managers.
- Preparing communications for users.
- Reviewing KPIs, tracking release metrics, and preparing monthly report for stakeholders.
- Attending post release tasks, such as levelling environments, retrospective meetings, etc.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (both written and spoken).
- 2-3 years of previous project management experience.
- Release Management experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Jenkins or other deployment tools is a plus.
- JIRA/HPSM/HPQC/ServiceNow/Citrix knowledge is required.
- QA and Environments PRE/PRO is highly recommended.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Expert level knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work in an environment that requires frequent problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- English is a must and interview will be conducted in English.
- Standard service working hours: 9:00 to 19:00 (8h and 1h for lunch)
- Availability to work Out of Office hours including weekends with a proper-compensation.
- Laptop and Mobile phone will be provided.