Cloud Solution Architect
Posted on Oct 11, 2019 by Henderson Scott
Azure Cloud Solution Architect
Drives large, multiple and/or highly complex business solutions and strategy for targeted customers focused on Microsoft Azure and hybrid cloud solutions. Serves as company and customer subject matter expert/trusted advisor for assigned solution area(s). Provides in-depth industry, market and technical expertise to develop and execute sale of high-level technical operating strategies, solutions and benefits to meet client's needs and requirements. Supports full sales life cycle from initial customer contact and qualification through contract signature to delivery success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Engages with assigned or targeted customer organizations. Understands customer business and establishes technical and business credibility with clients providing the ability to cultivate relationships and envision creative sales and solution strategies that generate additional revenue. Creates and cultivates key trusted-advisor relationships with senior level IT executives demonstrating an understanding of key business challenges within customer markets and how company technology-enabled business solutions can address those needs.
- As industry and market expert in cloud-enabled solutions, develops and drives large, multiple and/or highly complex business solutions for targeted/assigned customers. Provides in-depth solutions architecture capability based on specific customer's business needs. Oversees holistic solutions from both business and technical perspective, taking into account all realities and constraints such as costs, contract terms, business conditions and the technical environment of the client.
- Provides leadership and strategic guidance with pursuit teams during the solution development process to ensure alignment with overall company sales and client business strategy and effective use of public cloud services. Develops high-level technical operating strategies and solutions, and benefits. Analyzes stakeholders, identifies and recognizes prospect traits and determines how to effectively influence their decision.
- Delivers and sells the technical solution strategy and vision to senior client executives ensuring the solution embodies company win themes and key differentiators while meeting client expectations and requirements thereby providing company the best chance to compete and win.
- Maintains current and applicable knowledge of industry, market and IT (information technology) services best practices and trends as well as maintaining the highest levels of certification on public cloud (Microsoft Azure preferably) to evaluate and ensure company solutions and services are meeting the needs of clients.
- Provides leadership to help customers understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud including modernization and transformation of applications. Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions and delivery excellence. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or Support Engineer, and pre-sales experience.
- Leverages Public Cloud technologies to continuously find ways to solve customer needs. Provides recommendations to offering organization on new offerings, upgrades/augmentation to enhance corporate competency in meeting the needs of customers.
- Helps to develop and then translate the corporate technology strategy into the wider business at the same time as mentoring and providing technical expertise to less experienced Sales Solutions personnel.
- Ability to interface with senior stakeholders - boardroom credentials
- Experience in application modernization, workload migrations, private cloud solutions (eg VMware, Openstack), public cloud architecture (Azure, AWS, GCP), application architecture, devops, containers and personal interest/close contact with any other new and emerging technologies.
- Stewarding, shaping and expanding technology in DXC offering.