Senior Business Analyst (Securities)
Posted on Oct 11, 2019 by Base 3
Senior Business Analyst (Securities)
- Develops effective relationships with business units, divisions or groups of users
- Ensures required business services are identified, developed and supported to the satisfaction of the business unit/division
- Establishes domain specific business knowledge and acts as the main point of contact for business support
- Acts as a liaison between IT development and design and the business units for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems
- Evaluates new applications against business functional and non-functional requirements
- Evaluates new initiatives and evolving business requirements, and recommends appropriate alternatives and/or enhancements to current business solutions and systems
- Prepares communications and makes business presentations on business solutions and system enhancements and/or alternatives
- Acts as the key interface between business stakeholders and IT teams.
- Understands the business drivers behind operational, functional, tactical or strategic initiatives/changes and the added value these bring to the organization. Reflects this in proposing expert business advises and counsels for the definition of business IT solutions to the IT clients.
- Leads requirements and process analysis for business cases and delivers options for viable business solutions.
- Demonstrates understanding of the external market and internal clients, and can leverage this to propose solutions meeting the business needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for acting as the primary interface between IT teams and specific business/functional areas.
- May lead the business scope definition of projects, interacting with the sponsor/customer to determine the strategy for the proposal and evaluate the feasibility
- Is responsible for understanding and assessing a client's business operations, identifying issues and opportunities and recommending appropriate business solutions. Ensures proper translation of business requirements and business processes into structured requirements documentation that satisfy the clients constraints and objectives.
- Elicits business functional and non functional requirements and create business process diagrams using the enterprise standard methodologies .
- Facilitates the implementation and deployment of system changes to internal and external stakeholders by providing them with support, advice and guidance through out the whole project life cycle.
- Is the guardian, on behalf of the sponsor, of the project business scope and has the responsibility to highlight and control deviations from that scope.
- Supports IT colleagues through the whole project development process, including the testing and deployment phases.
- This job requires a good knowledge and understanding of company business operations, high analysis capability, and a thorough understanding of the IT development and implementation process, this gained on more than one significant business change project.
- Incumbents are expert of the requirement elicitation and business analysis techniques and methodologies. They identify and apply best practice in their analysis and in leading the analysis of others.
- May lead a small team of business analysts in progressing business cases or analysis for projects.
- Contributes to the development of business cases and performs risks and impacts analysis, thereby engaging a wide range of stakeholders within business and IT. Persuades senior managers of the benefits of change in situation where there is resistance, and likely disruption to business.
- Works and thinks at a high level with experience in a specific functional business environment and related IT systems.
- Mainly focuses on business requirements and process analysis as well as implementation of changes with regard to existing business processes and related IT solutions, but also provides support to the development of business cases and new initiatives
- min 5 years of experience within business analysis, functional analysis
- experience in the banking sector, ideally experience in securities issuance and/or experience in Regulatory projects
- experience with delivering complex requirements analysis including in the context of a solution cross-platforms and requiring integration with multiple applications
- excellent communication skills both at various levels of the organization and with different types of stakeholders. Whenever needed you reach out to other people in other departments to collect info/better understand processes/data
- eager to learn and interested in new technologies
- able to learn quickly how an application works
- meticulous in your work
- a person who is pro-active and takes drive and ownership on his/her assignment
- able to write and complete documents in a clear/structured way
- a team player who shares knowledge and expertise with others
- happy to work in an agile methodology
- flexible and adapt seamlessly to changing environment
You know how to
- coordinate & communicate efficiently with a multitude of collaborators & stakeholders
- work on several tasks in parallel while sticking to deadlines set
- work independently as well as in team, you are willing to share knowledge with your colleagues
- spoken and written English is a must
- demonstrate critical thinking and attention to details