Senior End to End Designer
Posted on Oct 11, 2019 by Base 3
Senior End to End Designer
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications
- Analyzes requirements, and maintains, tests and integrates application components
- Undertakes functional and/or technical application designs in the context of projects and/or system maintenance activities. Any designs for particularly critical parts of systems are often submitted to an Application Architect.
- Undertakes complex systems designs usually cross-platforms and integration with multiple applications and may contribute to the supervision and/or validation of the development process, using allocated colleagues as necessary for detailed analysis and coding activities.
- Designs applications in line with the required business and operational requirements, while being compatible with the enterprise wide architectural and design guidelines.
- Ensures the correct translation of the business requirements and operational constraints into a structured and efficient set of functional and data models.
- Leads the process of detailed design. .Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- May be responsible for the quality review of the functional and technical design delivered by less experienced designers
- Is responsible for the quality review of the program specifications, and documentation performed by the people assigned to the development of own design.
- May produce program specifications for complex or critical applications and be in charge of the quality review of the coding, testing and debugging of these programs.
- May make a significant contribution to the improvement of standards for the application design function
- Contribute to application testing activities
- Guide and support people who are in charge of fixing problems and making enhancements to application softwares running in production
- Has full knowledge of all phases of applications design, as well as a good understanding of the application development and testing phases. Has a strong understanding of the business or function for which application is designed.
- May correspond to the mission of Application Owner (AO) when having an expert knowledge of the design of a specific complex and/or critical application.
- May lead (from a technical perspective) and coach a small team of IT professionals.
- Contributes to the delivery of new products in various business areas/domains
- min 10 years experience as application designer including cross-platforms design and integration with multiple applications
- knowledge in Mainframe (zOS, MQ Series, DB2, CICS) and/or distributed (Windows, Linux, SQL Server, Oracle, SSIS/queries, Scripting languages) development technologies and environments
- experience in configuring & integrating vendor software packages in the infrastructure is a key asset
- experience with delivering complex designs, interfacing with other platforms and vendor software packages
- very good analytical skills
- an ability to coach & steer people
- eager to learn and interested in new technologies
- able to learn quickly how an application works
- a person who is pro-active and takes drive and ownership on his/her assignment
- meticulous in your work
- service oriented and solution driven
- able to write and complete documents in a clear/structured way
You know how to
- coordinate & communicate efficiently with a multitude of collaborators & stakeholders
- work on several tasks in parallel while sticking to deadlines set
- work independently as well as in team, you are willing to share knowledge with your colleagues
- spoken and written English is a must
- Knowledge on new technologies such as DLT, Cloud, API
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€490 - €510 Daily
€450 - €450 Daily