Technical Author - Contract - Remote Working
Posted on Oct 11, 2019 by Edissero Ltd
Contract Technical Author
Our global technology client is looking for a technical author to produce a range of service documentation (service, repair, troubleshooting) for their new and existing technology products. This is an initial 12 month contract, with extensions very likely.
As part of this role you will manage teams of technical authors based in India and East Coast USA documenting mid- to large-range printers for service engineers. You will plan work/projects for yourself and your team, and ensure that documentation is delivered to a high standard, on time and to budget.
The work will be mainly onsite in Hertfordshire for the first month, with the option of working remotely thereafter with trips to the office for meetings.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A background as a technical author, service engineer, trainer or similar role working on printing or other electro-mechanical products/equipment.
- Strong technical authoring skills.
- The ability to spot good technical writing.
- Team leading skills with the ability to ensure that documentation projects are delivered to a high standard, on time and to budget.
- The ability to read/suggest edits to block schematic diagrams/wiring diagrams is desirable but definitely not essential.