Global Strategic Insights Manager - 60%
Posted on Oct 11, 2019 by Coopers Group GmbH
For our Pharma client in Basel we are looking for a
Global Strategic Insights Manager - 60%
- The Global Strategic Insights Manager helps to drive the business by providing objective, relevant, and actionable strategic information, insights and recommendations to support the organization's strategic and operational decision making. S/he will work on several brands spanning at least two categories (GCBUs) and report into the Global Strategic Insights Director.
- The Global Strategic Insights Manager will work closely with the Global brand teams to generate information, insights and recommendations to support decision making by integrating primary and secondary research and analyses, using multiple data sources and various methods to arrive at a holistic evaluation of the situation. S/he will 'own' the holistic business insight process related to the issue/opportunity, including communicating the 'what' and the 'why'.
- S/he will demonstrate a strong business acumen & excellent communication and influencing skills.
Key responsibilities :
- Help identify and shape the key business questions to address via research
- Generates information, insights and recommendations to support decision making by integrating primary and secondary research and analyses using multiple data sources and various methodologies. Includes direct responsibility for informing annual brand planning tools (eg brand & category review, fact based business assessment, consumer shopper journeys etc.).
- Actively contributes/participates in Brand Team planning and implementation, as a core Brand Team member, by providing/communicating information, insights and recommendations to drive effective and efficient decision making and brand revenue and volume (penetration) generating opportunities.
- Designs primary market research studies (ie establishes actionable objectives, selects vendor, approves methodology and survey instrument, etc.); manages vendors in implementation of said studies to yield relevant consumer, shopper, market and/or customer insights and recommendations; and manages market research budgets. Primary market research includes both qualitative and quantitative research and covers a wide spectrum of studies (see below)
- Provides key assumptions to support short and long term sales forecasting on marketed products; forecasts KPIs.
- Assesses brand performance along the analytical 6P framework by integrating learnings and metrics/KPIs from several sources (brand audit). Identifies and pro-actively communicates emerging issues and opportunities.
- Collaborates with key country teams for the brands s/he is responsible for to share information and best practices incl. aligning the annual learning plan
- Helps drive the harmonization agenda to make sure the same questions are addressed in the same way using the same KPI definitions to ultimately establish "one language" that leads to a higher return on research investment (generating synergies and general learnings)
- Will support/lead selective cross brand/GCBU initiatives to ensure dissemination of learnings and know-how Key projects s/he will work on (among others) are reflective of the innovation funnel (from insight to final mix) and of the need to keep the core brand portfolio relevant to consumers Qualitative studies (insight exploration, ethnographies, online communities etc.)
- Final Consumer Product Testing
- Brand communication (developing and validating platform ideas)
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Psychology or Marketing/Marketing Research. MBA
- Experience wih Consumer Shop Journey
- Min. 7 years of progressively responsible experience in Market Research with the following specific experience:
- A minimum of 5+ years of hands-on primary research experience
- A minimum of 2+ years of hands-on secondary research experience
- A minimum of 2 years in a market research agency
- A minimum of 2 years on the client side
- Strong knowledge of Research design and statistics required
- Experience/familiarity with Syndicated sales and consumer data (IRI, AC Nielsen/IMS, Mintel, Euromonitor, Nicholas Hall, GfK/TNS panel data etc.)
- Experience in marketing (either through direct work experience or by longstanding close working relationship with marketing peers) is highly wanted
- Consumer package goods experience is preferred but not a must
- Must be a good listener to identify the underlying needs of the internal customers
- Must be highly analytical, strategic in mindset, possess strong interpersonal skills including influencing and teamwork skills.
- Must have solid English written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of convincing Management to act upon keyresearch learnings
- Able to manage/prioritize multiple projects at a time
- Must be familiar with working internationally, ideally also in emerging markets
- Workload: 60%
- Start date: ASAP
- Duration: until the end of the year with extension opportunity
- Location: Basel