Posted on Oct 11, 2019 by Adler & Allan
Location: Tiverton, Devon EX16 7EW
Salary: Competitive basic salary, with regular overtime available paid at higher rates
Hours of Work : 48 contracted per week (+ regular overtime)
About the Company:
Adler and Allan provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. Adler and Allan give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to our business. We broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
Alder and Allan are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting our customers at the heart of what we do we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, we could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
About the Operative Role:
Working as part of a team, the postholder will be required to support the clean-up of a variety of spills. Key tasks of this role include:
* Respond and react to call outs. Works may include water interceptors; sewage works, tank cleaning in confined spaces, tankering works, fuel deliveries, spill remediation and other scheduled/planned duties
* Operating any Company vehicle for which the postholder is suitably qualified to undertake.
* Maintain a clean vehicle and ensure all equipment, tools, PPE and other work items are in good order, secure and available for use at all times.
* Carrying out all works in accordance with health and safety requirements, including strict adherence to RAMS documentation.
* Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner
* Any other duties for which the post holder is qualified for
Operative Requirements :
* HGV licence preferred but not essential.
* Positive attitude and willingness to undertake additional training (e.g. water jetting and HGV training)
* Self-motivated and reliable with good time keeping and communication skills
* Full driving licence - clean licence preferred
* The ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions, working in conditions that may be dirty or confined spaces.
* Within a 45-minute commute of Tiverton, and able to take part in an on-call rota.
If you meet the Operative requirements and feel the role would be a good fit, then please apply today!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£9.5 - £9.5 Hourly
£10.5 - £10.5 Hourly
£23.9k - £27.3k Annual
£19k - £21k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£27.1k - £30.6k Annual
£21k - £27.1k Annual
£24k - £24k Annual