Senior Public Health Engineer - Croydon
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by CV-Library
With a total staff of over 120 and annual turnover well in excess of £10m, Desco are an established firm of Mechanical & Electrical Consulting Engineers, with operations across the UK, the Middle East and the Philippines.
In 2016 Desco joined a larger international engineering group, operating independently as a wholly owned subsidiary of UK based multi-disciplined engineering firm Pell Frischmann.
We are looking to employ a Senior Public Health Design Engineer in our Southern Region Office based in Croydon, Surrey, who is competent in every aspect of the design process with at least 7 or 8 years’ experience working on UK based projects.
To be considered you will need to be technically competent at equivalent to Chartered Engineer level or above and be highly experienced in the production of detailed public health design solutions. You will also possess strong communication skills, be experienced in undertaking project management duties on M&E Design Projects and ideally educated to at least HNC / Degree level in a relevant subject such as Building Services or Public Health Engineering.
The successful candidate will be required to manage / lead the Public Health building services elements of complex or highly technical projects. Working within a team you will be tasked with undertaking a range of duties to include:
* Management of projects to achieve client satisfaction and profitability for the business
* Identify and manage resources to achieve project requirements
* Financial management and reporting on project profitability
* Technical and quality reviews of project information
* Developing conceptual & detailed design solutions in line with client’s brief
* Production of specifications
* Represent the business at external functions
* Assist in the preparation of fee submissions and project bids
* Conduct oneself professionally at all times and in a responsible manner
* Reviewing technical competency of public health work
* Design, supervision and technical reviewing of allocated projects
* Provide specialist technical advice and guidance at project and group level,
Essential Technical Skills:
* Above Ground Drainage
* Hot and Cold Water Services
* Rainwater Drainage
* Firefighting wet and dry risers
You will have the opportunity to work within an award-winning, forward-thinking organisation that is committed to helping you achieve your career goals providing you with a platform to develop towards Principal level and beyond. A highly competitive salary is on offer as well as a benefits package that includes: Life assurance, 23 to 28 days holiday, pension scheme and performance bonus.
NO AGENCIES – UNSOLICITED CVS WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£22k - £23k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£50k - £50k Annual