Physical Therapist Assistant
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by Elgin Community College
Elgin Community College
Director of Physical Therapist Assistant Program
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person-students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors-feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college's mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Provide overall direction of the College's Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program. Plan, develop policy and provide periodic review of program effectiveness; manage PTA department budget, maintain program accreditation and ensure program compliance with regulatory agencies. Direct the preparation of skilled healthcare professionals, teach courses and supervise adjunct faculty.
1. Responsible for the organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of the PTA program.
2. Maintain PTA program accreditation through the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
3. Develop and maintain affiliations with clinical agencies and ensure compliance with accreditation standards.
4. Develop curriculum and enhance instruction within the PTA program, teach courses where applicable.
5. Monitor PTA program budget, purchase equipment and supplies, maintain student lab and equipment.
6. Hire, supervise, mentor, and evaluate PTA faculty and clinical instructors
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Master's degree (MA)
2. Current active license/certification to practice as a PT or PTA in Illinois.
3. 5 years of experience that includes a minimum of 3 years of clinical practice
4. 2 years of experience in didactic or clinical teaching
5. Administrative/management experience
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at:
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.