Junior Investigation Analyst
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by Experis AG
Junior Investigation Analyst
Are you a Junior Investigation Analyst with 2+ years of professional experience of working in an investigations or intelligence environment within law enforcement, public or commercial sectors? Was this professional experience gained within a multi-cultural environment in a related field! Do you have experience of handling confidential witnesses and whistle-blowers and are you looking for an exciting new opportunity within a non-governmental organisation (NGO)?
If so, please have a look at the following details:
Experis IT Switzerland is currently on the search for a Junior Investigation Analyst to join one of their clients, an NGO, based in Geneva.
- Assist investigators to assess reactive allegations and develop proposals for proactive investigations for presentation to the Case Assessment Panel.
- Search and retrieve material from relevant data sources, including and open sources and internal/external databases, as required.
- Analyze a wide range of intelligence and evidential material (including, but not limited to, social and other networks, financial and supply chain data, subject and witness interviews, etc.) to identify patterns and trends, establish links and associations and identify gaps and inconsistencies.
- Clearly and concisely present analytical findings making appropriate use of analytical software and visualization tools.
- Support investigators when operationally required by: attending meetings; acting as a 'second interviewer' in reporter, witness and subject interviews; and taking notes and preparing Records of Conversation and/or Notes to File.
- Provide analytical support to investigators in Real Time when operationally required by accompanying them on in-country missions.
- Assist investigators to develop evidential hypotheses, conduct root cause analysis, and make recommendations for management actions to mitigate identified risks.
- Assist in the Quality Assurance of analysis in Investigation work products, including Closure Memos, Letters of Findings and Published Reports.
- Ensure that all analytical material is accurately documented, including the rationale and decisions that underpin the analysis.
- Perform other non-case related analytical tasks, including:
- Report on fraud and corruption risks and trends to create stakeholder presentations and inform strategic analysis and planning
To deliver the required results, it's essential that you have:
- A university degree in a social sciences or research field with two years of relevant professional qualifications and experience
- A minimum of two years' experience as an Analyst
- Experience of working in an investigations or intelligence environment within law enforcement, public or commercial sectors
- Working experience of using investigative analysis software such as i2 or similar for data management and visualizations
- Experience of working in sensitive environments and with confidential information and processes
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment in a related field and experience handling confidential witnesses and whistle-blowers
- Experience working on investigations related to international development aid
- Experience of investigations of fraud, corruption and human rights violations
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel and Access for designing and building workbooks and databases
- Ability to draft and edit in English, various types of written reports and to articulate ideas in a clear, concise style
- Ability to prepare investigative aids including link diagrams, flow charts and other audio-visual presentations
- Written and Spoken fluency in English is required, good working knowledge in one of the following Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish or Portuguese is an asset
If you are a dynamic and motivated Junior Investigation Analyst currently looking for a challenging new position that applies to your skills, then we look forward to receiving your application!
Don't hesitate and send us your CV today through the link in the advert. In case of any questions please contact Jane Archer.