Finance Manager - Dublin - 12 month Contract - €400 per day ACA
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by Saunders Scott
Field Finance Manager - Dublin, Ireland - 12 month Contract - 400 per day
FFM provides day to day guidance, support and supervision to accounting teams in book-keeping activity for management and statutory books of account. Involved in critical accounting and operational finance activities, such as reviewing month-end reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts, payment of invoices, review of VAT accounts and quarterly VAT return and reconciliations and review ETBs. FFM also supports the Regional Accounting Manager (UK and Ireland) in routine and specific accounting operation and reporting matters for the entities
Responsible for liaising directly with the auditors and internal teams as the main SPOC for statutory audit work, in order to conduct the annual statutory audits in timely and cost effective manner. Preparation of statutory financial statements under Irish GAAP and tax pack for annual CIT return. Reporting progress and issues on these matters to the RAM. Prepare bi-annual management reporting for parent company and any additional analyses as may be necessary from time to time.
1 - Accounting:
- Supervision, guidance and development of the outsourced accounting team working on UK management and statutory books
- Ensure an overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters
- Review of month-end accounting journals
- Review of monthly AP reports along with AP reconciliations and ensure that any aging issues are discussed with Accenture.
- Review monthly accounting reconciliations for both UK entities, as well as review monthly TLR before RAM review and sign-off
- Be able to prepare annual Irish GAAP statutory financial statements.
- Be the main point of contact in the annual audit process, liaising with external auditors and all internal stake-holders.
- Prepare bi-annual P/L analysis for the parent company.
- Review, finalization and submission of VAT returns and EC Sales list for Irish (bi-monthly) and UK entities (quarterly). Review VAT reconciliations.
2 - Taxation
- Prepare tax pack for CIT returns to be filed by external tax advisors
- Tax pack for calculating annual tax provision for management accounts
- Internal point of contact with Irish Revenue
- Prepare tax pack for annual statutory accounts
- Ability to work within a complex environment, with finance systems (Oracle Financials) & staff across UK, France, and ROW, multiple legal entities & a constantly evolving organisation structure.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Technical accounting, VAT and taxation expertise
- Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified)
- 2-3 years of accounting and finance operations' experience in complex multi-national environment, under IFRS and Irish GAAP.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Oracle Financials