Search Technologies Developer Solr
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious Fortune 500 company is looking for a Search Technologies Developer -Solr. This role is revolved around implementation and support of Lucidworks Fusion and Apache Solr solutions. They need to have expertise with Lucidworks Fusion and Apache Solr architecture and the ability to design, deploy, and support solutions in a shared services architecture. For this role, an individual needs to have advanced Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Puppet, Perl, Python, Bash, or Unix Shell Scripting.
- Implementation and support of Lucidworks Fusion and Apache Solr solutions.
- Document detailed design, functional and technical specifications in developing Lucidworks Fusion and Apache Solr solutions.
- Exhibit expertise in Lucidworks Fusion and Apache Solr architecture and the demonstrated competency to design, deploy and support solutions in a shared services architecture.
- Develop, execute, and document procedures and standards adhering to SDLC best practices including the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, perform root cause analysis and take appropriate action to remediate issues.
- Participates in the discovery phase of projects to determine high level design.
- Analyzes business needs and develops plans to implement software requirements in conjunction with product management and architects.
- Independently handles high impact, critical software/systems monitoring issues and tickets/incidents.
- 3+ years of experience with Lucidworks Fusion and/or open source search engines Apache Solr, Lucene, or Elasticsearch.
- Experience with building scalable, high performing and robust Java and/or .NET applications.
- Advanced Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Puppet, Perl, Python, Bash, or Unix Shell and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (eg, GitHub).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or experience in closely related field
- Experience developing with Apache Solr
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (eg, Jenkins, Artifactory Pro, SonarQube, Selenium, Jmeter, and so forth).
- Experience with some or all of Apache, JBoss/Tomcat, or other application Servers.
- Experience with Node JS, AngularJS, Bootstrap or other web-based frameworks.
- Exposure to Spark