Lead System Engineer
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For ouf Client from the Banking sector we are looking for a Lead System Engineer.
Duration: 12 months with possible extenstions
We are offering an exciting Lead Developer position within Global IT Cloud Business Office. The Team drives and manages the Bank's cloud strategy and ensures the Bank is at the forefront of cloud adoption well into the future. Toward that end, CBO is to be a driving force in mastering the cloud journey.
Our focus is on the development cloud. Our business is to develop modern, sensible and convenient methods for development. You consequently must master the involved technologies and concepts. Cloud technologies bring a myriad of technical agility that Bank are actively embracing.
The cloud is not entirely a green field, it's always a migration as well. You must be capable to consult potential cloud consumers on what it actually means to migrate there and how this differs from on-premises. To do this, you must know the infrastructure better than these consumers.
You will be working as a Senior/Lead Engineer and are core member of the overall Cloud Development Team to realize new cloud capabilities in collaboration with your global colleagues.
- Specify, Develop and document an agreed and aligned pipeline automation based on different orchestrators
- Create a corresponding comprehensive implementation plan in an iterative way with sprints and demos to the customers at the end of a sprint.
- Lead, drive, oversee and coordinate execution of the implementation work
- Work with the various technology specialists to ensure team effectiveness and accelerated learning
- Very strong background in infrastructure and processes how they are currently applied on-premises in all lines of business
- Technologies: DNS, TLS (PISA), General networking and zoning concepts, Authentication (PKI, Kerberos, SSO, New ISGA for OAuth and OIDC), authorization methods/systems (BBS, ARP) and identity management (LDAP), Inventories (i-SAC)
- Very strong automation and orchestration abilities
- Technologies: RESTful APIs, Scripting (bash, Python), Gradle, Groovy, Maven, Java. Testing (Unit-, Integration-, Behavior-driven). Documentation (github pages, Maven sites, Sphinx)
- Applied cloud concepts (strongly related to the previous point)
- Technologies: Identity Management (primarily Azure AD), OIDC, OAuth, Terraform, Ansible
- Platforms: Kubernetes (CaaS: Pivotal Kubernetes Services - PKS),
- Experience in process development and mapping
- Confident and skilled communicator, to face off to, influence and engage senior stakeholders, and able to explain complex technical issues and resolutions
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Resolute yet pragmatic
- Ability to work independently, highly organized and able to work in a quickly changing and fast paced environment
- Enterprise cloud computing experience and understanding, Microsoft is the primary cloud technology used
If you are interested, please do not hesitate to apply!