Junior Network Administrator - London £24K Plus excellent benefits
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by Leysen Associates
I'm hiring a Junior Network Administrator to work in a small team initially based in Docklands for the first 6 months and then based from home with travel to 2 main datacentres across the UK. You MUST have a driving license and regular easy access to a car. The successful candidte is likely to be a grduate with at least a years work experience.
You should have immediate knowledge and ability to work as 1st Line support supporting users and the IT Manager.
Day to day, you will:
- Provide desktop/system support to staff
- Monitor and proactively patrol the networks
- Assist the IT Manager with the management of the customer hosting environments, datacentres and hardware
- Help to develop, improve and expand the infrastructure
- Windows 10/MS Office Desktop Support and Management/Deployment
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Windows Server 2016/2019 (Management and Deployment)
- Windows Update Services Management (WSUS)
- Enterprise Anti-Virus/Anti Malware
- Some exposure to Virtualisation technologies - VMWare preferred, Hyper -V is workable.
- Backups and Data Management
- An understanding of centralised storage - SAN/NAS/iSCSI
Additional (Highly beneficial)
- Office 365/Azure Management
- Networking/Network Monitoring (Management of Switches/Routing/VPNs etc.)
- Firewall/Security - an understanding of general network security, security appliances and applications.
- Disaster Recovery Management
- SQL/Oracle Management
- Web Design/Management
- Microsoft Licence Management
Previous Windows Server/Active Directory experience is a compulsory requirement. Graduate + 1 year experience. Must have a full UK driving licence, as occasional travel to datacentres will be required.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £60k Annual
£45k - £54k Annual
£380 - £420 Daily
£50k - £50k Annual