Data Architect (Senior Role)
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by Request Technology - Connor Roettig
As a Data Architect, you will lead and support all components of a database design environment, including the most complex database designs for both transactional and data warehouse systems (test through production). Furthermore, you will be expected to define and deliver database design solutions based on requirements from both business and technology disciplines.
- Facilitate collaboration for development of long-term strategic plans of production databases in conjunction with data owners, business units, IT product owners, and Enterprise Architecture
- Assist business units and project management in developing the budget projections based on short- and long-term goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain data models and data flows that represent essential data consumed and produced
- Develop and maintain documentation that maps data models to information systems and business applications
- Analyze the logical and physical database models to ensure models are in accordance with standards
- Assist in building of enterprise architecture information blueprints that illustrate how information is stored, processed, and accessed.
- Participate in enterprise information architecture discussions around needs and alignment to business goals
- Collaborate with Database Administrators and other staff to resolve data issues, performance issues and to ensure the highest possible degree of data integrity
- Validate and fix information management issues related to data quality framework (completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, consistency, etc.)
- Enforce enterprise information standards, guidelines, and principles
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Architect/Data Engineer
- 10 years of strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL server, SSIS and SSAS (multidimensional model)
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Ability to write complex SQL queries for ETL or reporting
- Must be project oriented with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (eg Tableau, XLCubed, ESRI, SSRS etc.)
- Familiarity with Python for data analysis is a plus
- Experience with Yardi or any other Real Estate Property/Accounting/Asset Management system is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, preferred
If interested in this role please email Connor Roettig with your resume at (see below)