Support Engineer/2nd Line Support Specialist
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by NextLink Solutions
As a Support Engineer- 1st & 2nd Line Support Specialist, you will be responsible for providing second line support across the business and you will support the upkeep of IT infrastructure, applications and equipment.
You will have day-to-day responsibility for setting up and configuring end-user hardware, problem-solving, repairing and maintaining equipment and administering user accounts. As a Support Engineer/Desktop Support Engineer, you will need to demonstrate a high level of customer service, be able to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment alongside having great communication skills.
- You will be supporting 100 users across Belgium
- PC configuration
- Undertake desk side support when required to do so.
- Maintaining user accounts (password resets, creating, suspension and deletion of accounts).
- Provision and recover IT equipment, maintaining the IT asset register in line with the leavers process.
- Contribute to IT projects as a defined project resource when required to do so.
- Contribute towards the IT Service Desk skills Matrix and knowledge base.
- Ensure essential knowledge and skills levels are maintained in line with the Service Desk Skills Matrix.
- Escalating calls to 2nd line and 3rd line support as and when required.
- Taking pride in the issue and seeing it through to the end, providing an excellent customer experience.
- Pro-actively checking system and security monitoring tools and alerts. Resolving the incident or escalating the incident to the relevant team when required to do so.
- Maintenance, support and back up of the production environment.
You will need to have:
- Fluent English W/Dutch
- Strong troubleshooting and fault-finding skills.
- 1st line support experience. (2nd and 3rd is a huge plus)
- Routing & Switching
- Basic Network Knowledge
- The ability to work as part of a busy team and build positive relationships with customers.
- A self-motivated attitude and the ability to work independently.
- A proven analytical approach to troubleshooting.