Systems Architect - Infrastructure
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by PF1Professional Services, Inc.
Purpose of the Position
The Systems Architect - Infrastructure is responsible for planning, designing, provisioning and configuring systems to meet business needs and requests. It is essential for the Systems Architect - Infrastructure to demonstrate good analytical and communication skills, develop project plans, and successfully work with multiple teams to execute project plans to completion. Candidates should be able to adapt to rapidly changing business requirements.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
Attends work on a regular and predictable basis
Other duties may be assigned
- Design, migrate and troubleshoot complex environments to meet business needs.
- Work with System Administrators, Engineers to assist to build, and support systems and coordinate with multiple teams to execute solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for systems.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform trending and performance analysis utilizing system/network monitoring and technical tools for systems and provide infrastructure capacity planning.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and provide mentoring for system administrators and technicians
- Respond and react to escalated outages and work with IT staff to coordinate and communicate with impacted users or entities until resolution.
- Work with systems engineers or administrators to apply critical OS patches and upgrades.
- Maintain documentation for operational, configuration, or other procedural purposes.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning and resource optimization as required.
- General availability to assist system engineers with advanced troubleshooting questions
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Weekly rotated 24/7 on-call duty with other team members.
- Occasional travel required.
Include specific knowledge, skills and/or abilities
- Systems planning & design
- Wintel & Linux systems that support systems infrastructure (HP, Lenovo, Cisco)
- Appliances that support system and network infrastructure
- Architecture of Virtual Infrastructure Environments w/Multiple Virtual Clusters
- Active Directory Domain & Group Policy Architecture
- PowerShell, Vbscript, & Batch automated tasks
- Exchange Email, Secure Email, SPAM Filter, & Messaging Architecture
- Citrix Technologies including XenApp, XenDesktop, & Netscaler Load Balancer
- Enterprise Faxing technologies (Opentext, RightFax)
- Web Server Architecture (Windows IIS & Linux Apache)
- Oracle WebLogic & Java Systems Architecture
Education and Experience
Include required and/or preferred certificates, licenses, registrations, and education
- 5 - 10 years systems administration, engineering, architect experience, or certifications.
- Bachelor (4 year) degree preferred not required.