Associate Project Manager
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by Real Staffing Group
- People Management: Manages small/medium sized cross-functional development teams; leads teams effectively through collaboration, alignment, ownership and holding team members accountable; provides input to functional managers on team and team member performance. Influences & satisfies key project stakeholders through each phase of the project.
- Product/Technology Management: Manages the technical challenges of technology application and new product development; proactively identifies, communicates and manages technical risk engaging the key subject matter experts in this process.
- Project/Program Management: Manages key initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes; develops and implements project plan, proactively identifies risks and embeds appropriate mitigations into plans, builds team ownership and commitment to project plan, identifies clear decision points and succinctly presents options & recommendations to decision makers with supporting data/rationale.
- Process Management: Follows the BSC Product Life Cycle Process (PLCP) through the Technology &/or Product Development phases and represents Operations on the overall Core Team; leads the Operations team to complete all activities to current policies and practices; keeps documentation organized, creates Scaling Plan and Design History File for the project.
- Communications and Reviews: Responsible for team and cross-functional communications; Ensures appropriate communication is maintained throughout the project with key stakeholders and specific issues/decision points are communicated in a timely manner to the decision makers. Leads phase and business reviews, project meeting minutes, issues log, metrics, and other key communications.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Strong experience in project managing significant new product activities that require collaboration with Divisional R&D, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs, Design Assurance, Process Development, Sustaining Engineering and Operations.
- Proven leadership skills in change management and project management.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications to project team and all stakeholders
- Must have proven skills in people management, collaboration, influencing and team building.
- Must be proficient with MS Project.
Preferred Education and Experience
- NFQ level 8 degree (240 credits) in a Technical discipline (eg Engineering, Science, Software, Manufacturing); a Qualification in Project Management and/or a Level 9 (Masters) would be an advantage.
- 4+ years of project management/operations/new product development experience.
- Experience with development of medical devices is an advantage.
- Strong communication skills across all levels in organization
- There will be a requirement as part of the role to travel to other BSC sites.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the EU.
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | London, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales