Senior Trainer for end-users of several implementations
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Basel we are looking for a Senior Trainer for end-users of several implementations for a 6 months contract.
The ASPIRE Project team seeks a Training Lead, to develop a training strategy and training plan for the ASPIRE program to ensure end users receive appropriate business process and system training prior to implementation of a new ERP system.
This team is an integral part of the OCM team that consists of OCM, communications and training within the ASPIRE Program. During the life time of the program training coordinators per functional area and as permanent members of the project might be established, these functional training coordinators would report into the overall training coordinator of the program (dotted line).
The overall training strategy need also to include organizational aspects (global training material aligned with global template strategy that is provided globally) and tool strategy (utilizing new tool capabilities)
- The Trainer is managing and working closely with the external partner supporting the program in these aspects
- The incumbent will work closely with the OCM team and functional stream leads to align the training plan with the business readiness strategy and with the overall project plan. End results will support the successful transition to harmonized best practice processes in line with the implementation of a new ERP system.
The Trainer needs to work closely with other training organizations in the different functions and as well with the shared service centers to ensure successful delivery of the training
- The Trainer provides methodology, tools, templates & project management support for key-user and end-user training as part of an overall framework that has to be applied within the functions and
- is responsible for developing and supporting the delivery of the overall training strategy including 'train the trainer', end user training and project team training (eg onboarding) in support of the program.
- Start date: 28.10.2019
- End date: 30.09.2020
- Extension: is possible
- Work location: Kaiseraugst
- Workload: 80-100%
End-User Training and Documentation Development, including:
- Working templates and content that adhere to standards, encourage uniformity, and map to the learning paths for end users as defined by the training needs analysis
- Training master data requirements, including a list of sample transactions and data that can be used to build scenarios during the creation of content
- Develop curriculum and course content
- Training Environment Population and Testing
- Training Roles Security Mapping, a completed security configuration to support the user roles required for training together with the authorization team
End-User Training Support
- Support trainers centrally or as needed in other locations for the delivery of end-user training
- Coordinate the logistics of training systems availability, system refreshes, and other support tools required to deliver training in close collaboration with the IT team
- Define training evaluation forms; ensure feedback is collected by trainers; analyses results and feedback into training program design for improvement.
-Post Go-live Activities
- Establish Training/Knowledge Support Strategy that covers identifying and addressing ongoing learning needs, required knowledge support, and processes for managing training for all solution users;
- Analyze, on an ongoing basis, the impact of training and the degree to which systemic systems issues are related to training issues.
Training Strategy and Planning
- Works in conjunction with the wider OCM team to assure alignment of training strategy and plans with other project objectives, such as business readiness and organizational alignment
- Works with the Overall OCM Lead and Project Communications to create detailed training development and execution plans
- Creates training plans supported by functional/local training coordinators and external training partner
- Refine strategy document that makes sure strategy objectives are clear and ready for execution
- Determine the training material and authoring tool approach
- Define training environment requirements and remote delivery strategy
- Coordinate ASPIRE Program Team onboarding and Skills Development for team members, as required
- Training of the Trainers, including:
- Presentations of associated training documents, instructor guides, and exercises
- Assignment of data for practice and for the course
- Contact list for questions and training emergencies
- Instruction on how to reset passwords and unlock users
- Procedures for submitting course evaluations
- End-User Training Schedule and Logistics (for each Release)
- Establishes a complete schedule of courses, locations for End User Training
- Matrix of training locations, delivery dates, and courses or topics to be taught
- Communication to end users regarding enrolment and other procedures for attending class
- Checklist of system accessibility, PC requirements, and testing of roles by location
- Coordinates with the ERP PMO to enable PMO to execute the logistics for training
- Ensures that the training records fulfill the compliance requirements in the different functions in close collaboration with the functional training leads
- University degree in human resources, management, public or business administration or a related discipline such as education or social science; or equivalent education.*
- Eight years or more of progressively responsible experience working in similar role in a multicultural and/or international work environment.*
- Experience in organizing specific tailored training including ERP trainings and business process trainings in different functional areas.*
- familiarity with continuous improvement and project management approaches, tools, and phases.*
- Experience in Post Go-live Activities and proficiency in coordinating training programs.*
- Experienced in transformational projects*
- Experienced with Cornerstone*
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks and complex training logistics.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement and project management approaches, tools, and phases
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills to include experience with developing and delivering presentations, editing, and proofreading.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to apply energy and creativity to find new and different approaches to training and staff development (training of the project team members);
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of statistical preparation, research and evaluation methods;
- Proven ability in establishing effective internal and external work relationships at all levels;
- Ability to identify training needs and to provide solutions for the different teams in the program
Nice to Haves:
For more information please contact Barbara Tenerowicz: