Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by OHES Environmental
Location: Risby, IP28 6RD
Salary: Salary dependant on experience and capability
About the Company:
The Environmental Consultancy of the Adler and Allan Group is a multi-disciplinary consultancy operating across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The consultancy has grown and diversified over the last 16 years to a point where the business is led and staffed by some of the most professional and experienced consultants in the UK marketplace. In response to client demands, the Company have constructed a number of product bundles from their full range of services, which are designed to overcome environmental challenges in specific markets and sectors.
Environment Consultant Responsibilities:
* Project management with close support/training from the regional team, finance and consultancy support teams.
* Arrange site works (including investigation and remediation works) in accordance with scope including communication with relevant parties.
* Site investigation design.
* Supervise site investigations, remediation works and verification/validations, and perform associated sampling and monitoring.
* Manage contractors on-site and maintain high standards of health and safety and quality.
* Schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
* With close support from line management, prepare reports including Preliminary Risk Assessments, Interpretive site investigation reports and Site verification/validation reports.
* Control and take responsibility for project financials.
* Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness, commercial awareness, organisation and customer satisfaction.
Environment Consultant Requirements:
* Applicants should hold a degree in a relevant earth science or geo-environmental related discipline and ideally some professional qualifications while working towards Chartership with a relevant organisation.
* Knowledge of the available site investigation techniques
* Experience supervising a variety of them, particularly the available drilling techniques
* Experience of working on contaminated land projects where there is petroleum hydrocarbon contamination would be of particular benefit as would possessing a working knowledge of relevant environmental guidance, regulation and legislation.
* Experience of working on contaminated land projects where there is petroleum hydrocarbon contamination would be of particular benefit as would possessing a working knowledge of relevant environmental guidance, regulation and legislation
* Applicants should be Highly motivated and adaptable attitude, and a high attention to detail, be computer literate with working knowledge of all Microsoft applications.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Hold a full, clean UK driving licence
Environment Consultant Benefits:
* 25 days holiday
* Pension Scheme
* Overtime available
* Company Vehicle
If you believe you are suitable for the Environment Consultant role, then please apply now!