Part-Time Underwriter Assistant
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by 101 Insurance Group
101 Insurance Group is seeking a Part-Time Underwriter Assistant for our Garden Grove, CA office. This is a wonderful opportunity for a bright, motivated individual beginning or looking to grow their career in the insurance industry.
The ideal candidate has good computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and be comfortable navigating company websites. They must have proven phone and written communication skills, be detail-oriented, able to work in a team environment, and be dependable.
Bilingual in Korean or Spanish is strongly preferred, but is not required. Prior insurance experience is preferred, but is not required. Comprehensive training will be provided.
- Helping our underwriter team gather information, process, quote and bind insurance accounts
- Issuing endorsements and maintaining accurate records
- Receive incoming phone calls in a friendly manner and route them to the appropriate party
- Perform general office duties (filing, scanning, copying, etc.)
- Provide day to day administrative support as needed
- Function as an effective team member with colleagues to serve the needs of our clients
- Flexible hours
- FIrst-hand underwriting experience
- Opportunity to become an account manager
- Opportunity to directly network with insurance underwriters
- Receive your own commission if you have a P&C License
- Office Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Required)
- Associate degree or equivalent (Required)
- Garden Grove, CA 92841
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
Hours: Monday - Friday mornings or afternoons
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you.