CARE TRANSITION COORDINATOR (RN)
Posted on Oct 10, 2019 by McGregor PACE
McGregor PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly), is a community service program that provides in-home healthcare services to the elderly as an alternative to nursing home placement, allowing seniors to remain at home.
CARE TRANSITION COORDINATOR: FULL TIME/MONDAY-FRIDAY, 1ST SHIFT ONLY
Our agency is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable and experienced RN to facilitate the coordination, integration and provision of services for McGregor PACE program participants.
The Care Transition Coordinator will coordinate transition planning during and post inpatient hospital stay, skilled nursing. Monitor, analyze and report on resources utilized during the provision of patient care. Models and promotes collaboration and communication among members of the healthcare team (ie hospital staff, physicians) to achieve optimal clinical and resource outcomes.
- As appropriate, reviews all patient information within a designated timeframe to determine the suitability of the level of care. This includes appropriateness of admission and/or continued stay utilizing established nationally recognized criteria.
- Assists with the development, implementation and monitoring of a comprehensive plan of care via the interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with the patient/family in internal and external settings.
Advanced communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and establish effective working relationships with members of the healthcare team including but not limited to medical staff, patients and families, clinical personnel, and outside agencies.
Must be able to organize multiple tasks and prioritize caseload appropriately to meet the needs of the patients and organization.
- RN licensed in Ohio, Valid ODL
- Bachelors' degree in nursing, health care preferred
- Minimum 2 years exp in an acute care/medical-surgical setting; prior exp in self-directed position in a third party payor environment preferred.
- Strong presentation, communication and customer service skills; Proven organizational skills required, Computer literate.
- Knowledge of senior service programs and resources a plus
- Previous experience in waiver programs highly desirable
- Moderate travel within Cuyahoga County service area
GREAT BENEFITS! Health, HSA, Dental, Vision, 403b Matching Retirement plan, Basic & Voluntary Life coverage, STD, LTD; Paid Time Off, Sick Time and Paid Holidays!
Qualified candidates please submit your resume with salary requirements
Email: (see below)