FACILITY IT TECH SUPPORT
Posted on Oct 9, 2019 by Windsor-Laurelwood Hospital
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) knows what it takes to lead, inspire and succeed. One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies, UHS owns and operates through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
UHS built an impressive record of achievement and performance, steadily growing from a startup company with zero revenue into a Fortune 500 corporation with annual revenue that exceeds $8 billion. The company's operating philosophy has proven to be effective: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, then invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive and become a dominant healthcare provider in its community.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS ranks on the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations with over 74,000 employees, and is consistently listed among Fortune's "Most Admired Companies and one of the 30 Most Meaningful Companies To Work For in America by Business Insider.
Windsor Laurelwood strives to improve the lives of those in our community who are experiencing psychiatric and/or substance use concerns. We provide specialized treatment programs for adults, adolescents and children to address each individual's needs.
Our mission is to provide healing and recovery through compassionate quality care.
We select the most dedicated, qualified, empathetic employment candidates to become members of our staff. Our excellent care, state-of-the-art therapies and individualized treatment plans for our patients create fulfilling careers for Windsor-Laurelwood staff. At the Windsor-Laurelwood Center for Behavioral Medicine, we work together to provide the skill development, medication and therapies that individuals need to rebuild their lives.
To provide technical support for networking technologies for administrating and managing the setup, maintenance, repairing work of network systems and system components. The analyst must resolve and troubleshoot any malfunctions involved with networks or network components. The analyst must troubleshoot any malfunctions with the phone and camera systems.
Essential IT Functions:
- Provide technical support for networking technologies for administrating and managing the setup, maintenance, repair work of network Servers and system components. Resolve and troubleshoot any malfunctions involved with networks or network components.
- Apply systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specific specifications.
- Design, document, test, create or modify computer programs related to machine operating systems.
- Developing and/or implementing the efficient and cost-effective software solutions for a particular problem.
- Preparing manuals and user guide for training purposes and for the use of users.
- Troubleshooting day-to-day problems with software and hardware and fixing them in a timely manner for multiple locations.
- Recommending the need for new software and hardware systems to the management. Works with UHS-BH Corp IT with research, bids and purchase orders.
- Upgrading the software solutions as well as the hardware systems to solve the problems as and when they arise.
- Maintaining, monitoring and coordinating the use and installation of software and hardware components according to company policy.
- Updating their knowledge about the latest programming techniques and technologies.
- Continuously working toward improving the performance of the systems.
- Working closely with the management and other teams in achieving the organizational goal.
- Serves as the facility liaison with Corporate IT.
- Provides PC network support for the user community.
- Functions as a help desk for facility.
- Install and troubleshoot PC equipment.
- Resolves users' software related issues within scope of assigned security protocol as authorized by BH-CORP-IT.
- Maintains software/hardware inventories.
- Documents all PC systems and software.
- Participates in monthly IT Webinars.
- Assists with special projects.
- Performs routine maintenance on PC equipment.
- Provides first level of support for phone systems.
- Provides first level of support for closed circuit television systems.
- Provides off hour support as needed.
An individual must be able to perform each Essential Function of the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree or 4 year degree in information systems related major. One or more years' experience in a Microsoft Windows environment with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to perform moderate lifting (minimum weight of 25 lbs.); repetitive lifting; repetitive bending/stooping; standing for long periods of time; working on a CRT for long periods of time; ability to effectively utilize office telephone equipment; repetitive motions using fingers and forearms in data entry; ability to drive a car; physical ability to meet travel requirements as outlined in the job description, and manual dexterity to access filing system.