Senior Scala Java Developer
Posted on Oct 9, 2019 by Eames Consulting Group Ltd
Our market leading client with in the financial services industry is looking for a highly experienced Scala Java Developer so they can continue their exceptional growth & continue with their market leading reputation.
You will be tasked with:
- Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic company, committed to delivering value added services in the investment product space.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining key business applications and services on our highly-specialised investment product management platform. They value Agility (through SCRUM), Technology (through a modern micro-services platform built with functional programming in Scala) and Collaboration.
- Deliver high quality solutions in tight time frames to meet demanding customer requirements
- Work closely with business and other IT units to gather and understand requirements
- Contribute to software and architectural design decisions
- Conduce to a robust automated test suite to work in a continuous integration/continuous deployment environment
- Become involved in the internal DevOps and Scala guilds, building relationships with other developers and identifying/implementing best practices
You will bring:
- Experience building scalable, distributed applications in Scala and Java
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Experience in developing software in an agile environment
- Interest in the latest programming trends such as functional and reactive programming
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
- Experience in implementation of APIs for integration with internal and external systems
- Strong problem solving skills & ability to learn in a fast paced environment
- Financial background in either banking or the insurance industry
- Cloud migration activities either Public or Private
- DevOps experience configuration management, containers, virtualisation, continuous integration and deployment
- Practical experience with, either or both, AWS or Azure
- Akka/Akka Persistence/Akka HTTP/Akka Streams
- Kafka/event streaming pipelines
To be considered for this role you must hold a valid EU passport or Swiss work permit - no VISA sponsorship will be given.
If this has piqued your interest & you would like to learn more then simply apply or contact me directly via email: (see below)
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.