MS SQL Server DBA
Posted on Oct 9, 2019 by Levy Associates Ltd
We are looking for a MS SQL Server Database Administrator for a leading financial enterprise. Your primary responsibility will be to provide technical database support across a multi-platform infrastructure.
- providing day-to-day support for the production and development systems and activities
- providing production and project support
- monitoring capacity, integrity and performance of production systems
- installing new database Servers for Production, Test and Development environments, understanding the performance and resilience characteristics of the key hardware/software components and ability to follow standard procedures
- carrying out performance and tuning at database server level
- modifying and maintaining existing scripts to handle minor changes in infrastructure
- reproducing and simplifying problems for resolution by Microsoft and/or SAP technical support.
- understanding the implications of undertaking 'unsafe' operations, and minimising their risk
Ideal candidate profile
You should have at least five years' MS SQL Server experience. You must also have a strong track record in writing and installing scripts for database administration tasks, such as backups and capacity monitoring. You have experience with complex data migration projects in Enterprise environments.
We would also expect you to have the following core technical skills:
- MS SQL product knowledge.
- Building severs and databases to global standards
- Write technical documents
- Extensive performance & tuning experience
- An understanding of fault-finding database client connectivity
- An understanding of database security and auditing
- An understanding of network, concurrent access and locking issues.
- Powershell Scripting
- Experience performing server consolidation
- Administration of databases in a Storage Area Network environment