Lead Cybersecurity Architect
Posted on Oct 9, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Lead Cybersecurity Architect. This role is based around designing, implementing, and continuously updating the technical security control requirements model supporting enterprise information security policies and standards, strategy, and architecture. This role is based around Cloud architecture, infrastructure security applications design, web applications, and container security. For this role they are looking for someone with Python and Java skills. Can be worked remote with travel up to 25%.
- Design, build, and lead a team that ensures the security of enterprise data and systems by specifying requirements for technical security controls for all enterprise information technology development initiatives.
- Design, implement, and continuously update a technical security control requirements model supporting enterprise information security policies and standards, enterprise technology strategy, enterprise technology architecture and patterns, information security industry best practices, emerging information security technologies, and relevant laws and regulations (eg HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, GLB, and others.)
- Evaluate the architecture and design of existing and proposed information technology systems against the enterprise technical security control requirements model.
- Enable the organization to identify any gaps between specific technical security requirements and the architecture of a given system and provide detailed technical recommendations on appropriate design or architecture improvements.
- Verify that the requirements for technical security controls were addressed correctly and that all recommendations were implemented effectively (this includes collecting necessary information, verifying the accuracy of the information, testing the solution, and building an assurance argument).
- Assess the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the enterprise and identify options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Identify security control requirements for technology initiatives and deliver solutions to meet those requirements in alignment with the overall objectives of the project and the business.
- Work with Enterprise Architects and other functional area architects and security specialists to ensure security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks.
- Educate, coach, and mentor all members of the team on technical, interpersonal, team dynamics, company policy and procedure, enterprise business model, and other topics. 25% travel required.
- Master's degree or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science or related field and four (4) years of experience in the job offered or related role. Alternatively, company will accept a Bachelor's degree or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science or related field followed by six (6) years of progressive experience in the job offered or related role.
- Container security (eg Docker, Kubernetes);
- Infrastructure security (eg Linux, MS Windows); and
- Zero trust networking (eg risk decision engine, network segment isolation).