CICS System Programmer Technical Lead
Posted on Oct 9, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a CICS system Programmer Technical Team Lead. This role is all about installing, tuning, tweaking, and updating CICS and other related products. The person for this role will need to have experience with supporting Transaction Systems applications (CICS, MQ) in a system programmer role. This person needs to have extensive experience with MQ and have come out of a large environment.
- Research and implement recognized best practices for managing the Transaction Systems environment
- Define new CICS and/or IBM MQ components in support of application or infrastructure projects
- Ensure timely updates and maintenance of CICS components and IBM MQ queue managers
- Lead troubleshooting and resolution of CICS and/or IBM MQ incidents, issues and problems.
- Take ownership for and resolve highly complex or critical incidents within the Mainframe transaction systems environment
- Provide project consultation to business application teams; assist in the design and development of CICS and/or IBM MQ solutions
- Participate in reviewing and updating in-house developed CICS programs and utilities
- Understand CICS Performance and Tuning to identify opportunities for performance and capacity improvements and when required engage with business application teams to assist with implemented recommended changes
- Design, plan, implement and secure new functionality and improvements deliver with product upgrades to drive efficiencies, improved services and cost reduction
- Collaborate with z/OS Support, Network, Security and Application Support teams in the development of solutions and practices
- Be available for project and maintenance activities outside normal working hours, as needed
- Lead by example and be an advocate for change
- Expert level technical knowledge of CICS and MQ
- 7+ years of knowledge and experience supporting Transaction Systems applications (CICS, MQ), preferably in a system programmer role.
- Experience with the architecture and configuration of Transaction Systems applications
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve Transaction Systems application problems
- Experience of building and working in partnership with a client base and vendors
- Experience within a zOS multi-LPAR, multi-site sysplex environment
- Experience installing and supporting ISV software products; experience working with SMP/E
- Extensive experience working with TSO, ISPF/PDF and SDSF
- Bachelor's degree preferred