Facilities Engineer/ Manager
Posted on Oct 9, 2019 by WDS Global Limited
Job Title: Facilities Engineer/ Manager
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Central London
Contract Rate: GBP 400 per day
Contract Length: 12 Months with possible extensions
Our Client, one of the world's largest Telecommunications companies, is looking to recruit a Contract Facilities Engineer/ Manager to work in Central London.
- The Critical Facilities Engineer/ Manager role is to manage and deliver both internal and external customer requirements of critical infrastructure and space and power for small and large electrical plant facilities.
- The role involves providing new small and large Plant facilities and services via an internal workflow management tool and interfaces.
- Manage end to end project delivery from outline Plant requirements to handover and project closure. Including :-
o Interpret the requirements, identify and resolve any issues.
o Review space and power capacity to identify restraints.
o Calculate project timeline and cost estimates.
o Undertake space and capacity planning reviews.
o Produce scope of works / detailed work packages in preparation for tender.
o Provide budgetary estimates for installation works and projects.
o Establish, manage and arrange delivery of required infrastructure or inventory.
o Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on updates, project dependencies, issues and impacts.
o Liaise with the local field operations staff as required.
o Manage small project financial budgets.
o Undertake all works in a timely, well organised and process driven manner.
o Arrange purchase orders and manage the requisitions process.
o Maintain system records and inventories.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
• Education Level: Electrical Engineering / Communications background preferred to a minimum of HNC / HND level.
• Good knowledge and experience in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering in particular AC and DC distribution systems.
• Knowledge of fibre types, presentation connectors, test specs etc.
• Experience within the Communications industry would be preferred.
• Budget management experience.
• Experience of dealing with / negotiations with vendors and service providers.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
This is a great role for the right candidate, so if you meet all the criteria above, then APPLY TODAY!