DevOps Cloud Engineer
Posted on Oct 9, 2019 by Levy Associates Ltd
DevOps Cloud Engineer.
The role of Cloud DevOps Engineer is a blend of architecture, design, automation, security, development and support. It is a hands-on technical position in a fast-paced atmosphere. The ideal candidate strives to solve traditional problems through automation and software. In addition, the candidate must uphold a high standard of excellence, have a strong customer focus and be capable of technical deep-dives into cloud platforms and components, code, database, load balancer, network, operating systems, and storage.
Eventually your responsibilities will be focused on:
- Innovation: following new trends, products/components and tools and evaluating usefulness
- Advise, design and develop new cloud (native) solutions
- Support DevOps teams in adopting Cloud and IT4IT
You will be part of the Cloud team that provides our business with easy-to-use and secure cloud and other platform services on which they can run their application and can use as a platform for innovation.
To be successful in this job, you need to have experience in developing software (preferably C#) and have a good understanding of infrastructural architecture such as operating systems, databases, network components, etc.
Automating processes and work is second nature to you and you are aware of the complexity of automation within a large and complex financial institution.
- A BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science or a related technical field;
- One or more cloud certifications and be willing to achieve other certificates before or after starting with us, like General Cloud concepts/Cloud fundamental training or Azure (one of the following): Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions or Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions;
- Preferably 2 or more years experience. Talented starters can also apply. Then you will at first be focused on learning together with the teams and broaden your experience and knowledge on the job;
- Solid skills in coding/Scripting, ideally C#, Python, Bash or PowerShell;
- Experience of version control systems (GIT).
The successful DevOps Cloud Engineer likes to work with:
- CI/CD tooling: VSTS, GitlabCI, Ansible, Packer, Azure Devops;
- Networking: strong understanding of TCP/IP and UDP, subnetting, Firewalls, VPNs;
- Systems Administration and Engineering: emphasis on RHEL and Windows Server;
- Security: Implementing security guidelines, solutions for cloud;
- Containerisation: Docker;
- Monitoring: Splunk, OMS, Cloudwatch;
- Agile practices: Scrum, DevOps, Kanban.