Posted on Oct 9, 2019 by Solas IT
My Client is an international customer experience management company that provides valuable customer insights for a range of diverse clients globally.
They are currently seeking a Engineering Manager to join their Engineering team based in Dublin. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing out their DevOps, Monitoring & Visibility teams.
Excellent company benefits - Competitive salary + 20% bonus + €30k stocks + Full Health/Dental
Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager role:
- You will own container level monitoring across their fleet, delivering host and service level logs and metrics to their horizontally scalable storage solutions and to proactively improve the performance of their services.
- You will be delivering next generation technology frameworks that empower a continued move to a microservices architecture.
- Ensure their platform exceeds goals for availability, capacity, efficiency, scalability, and performance
- Proactively monitor end-to-end system performance to identify bottlenecks, potential failures and deliver service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- Communicate effectively with engineers & stakeholders. Describe problems succinctly to enable issue management.
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a global team
Required Experience and Skills for the Engineering Manager role:
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field
- 4+ years providing technical leadership to engineering teams
- 3+ years' experience of owning, highly-available, large scale web-based service.
- 3+ years of excellence in operating this service.
- Deep understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience and knowledge of load balancing, caching, CDNs, and clustering technologies.
- Experience with common monitoring tools such as Nagios, AppDynamics, Graphite and statsd
- Development experience in a high level language like Java, PHP, Ruby or Python.
- Ideally you are a systems engineer with developer experience or a developer with strong systems engineering knowledge. No IDE-only developers.
- A mentality of 'Automate everything!'