Head of IT
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by Oliver James Associates
Head of IT
The Head of IT is a key part of the leadership team, responsible for the on-going success of the division. Working with the Chief Operating Officer team to help shape the business strategy, as they take step in the business growth. The Head of IT is subsequently responsible for ensuring the technology capability underpins the business strategy.
The Head of IT will need to work closely with the COO and C Suite to create and drive a technology strategy that aligns to the business strategy.
The Head of IT is responsible for a large team of technologists; internal, matrixed, and outsourced. The successful candidate needs to find the right balance between internal capabilities and external, insourcing and upskilling where appropriate, as well as outsourcing where required.
They will be responsible for maturing the capabilities across the development and operations life cycle, including culture.
- Define the strategic technical approach to meet the needs of the business.
- To empower teams to deliver, in line with the strategic goals of the business.
- To lead, motivate and manage the Insurance & Assistance Technology team to support the division with robust business systems.
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for business systems within Insurance & Assistance to deliver sustainable long term benefits including reuse and removal of complexity and duplication.
- Agrees and manages the technology budget for the division
- To put in place a technology change function to continue to build on Strategic Platform as future Insurance & Assistance business goals evolve.
Skills and Experience:
- The role requires an experienced IT leader with a strong technical background, who is capable of developing and building strong teams to deliver great results.
- Able to embrace and drive change within a transforming business.
- A leader who can lead extremely talented people and enhance existing teams
- An background within financial services is a must.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£110k - £160k Annual
£130k - £150k Annual