DevOps Engineer - London - Banking - Chef
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by Strike IT Services
DevOps Engineer with Chef experience is required for a 6-month initial contract at a leading Bank based in London.
They are currently going through a major Digital Transformation programme, this role is part of a team from a leading Tech Consultancy who are responsobile for the DevOps function, creating Tools and applications for the Bank. You will ideally have some exposure to GCP.
- Expertise in DevOps open source Scripting languages ie Groovy or Python
- CHEF Inspec experience is a must
- Automated package delivery using Ansible, Chef, or Puppet or any related tool
- Strong hands-on automation skills, demonstrable experience with Terraform/Deployment manager
- Good understanding of PaaS infrastructure, preferably Cloud foundry, with understanding around buildpacks is a must
- Good understanding of leading CI platform, eg. Jenkins 2.0/Travis and/or Circle CI Jenkins, in particular, building pipelines and pipeline as a code
- Experience with containers, Kubernetes
- Ideally, you will have GCP experience
- Good understanding of CI/CD concepts, experience on Jenkins (pipeline as code), Spinnaker, Azure DevOps and Cloud build preferred
- Good Understanding is required around application build tools - npm/maven/gulp/gradle
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Good understanding of microservice architecture and service mesh.