DevOps Engineer - Edinburgh - IBM Aurora - Urgent
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by Strike IT Services
DevOps Engineer with strong strong hands-on experience of IBM Aurora is required for a 6-month initial contract at a leading banking organisation based in Edinburgh.
They are currently going through an engineering transformation programme, and as the DevOps, you will be part of a team who will create tools and applications for the bank using cutting-edge technologies.
- Expertise in DevOps open source Scripting languages ie Groovy or Python
- Hands-on IBM Aurora experience
- Experience with AWS - AWS API, EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, Route53, VPC, CloudFront, CloudWatch, IAM, RDS, etc
- Automated package delivery using Ansible, Chef, or Puppet or any related tool
- Strong hands-on automation skills, demonstrable experience with Terraform/Deployment manager
- Good understanding of PaaS infrastructure, preferably Cloud foundry, with understanding around buildpacks is a must
- Good understanding of leading CI platform, eg. Jenkins 2.0/Travis and/or Circle CI Jenkins, in particular, building pipelines and pipeline as a code
- Experience with containers, Kubernetes
- Good Understanding is required around application build tools - npm/maven/gulp/gradle
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Good understanding of microservice architecture and service mesh.