English or Math Instructor
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by Best in Class Education Center
Imagine helping a struggling student learn how to read or watching a student's eyes light up while learning a new math concept. We believe that education is the door to the future and every child has the right to affordable, individualized, and quality learning experiences.
At Best in Class, our mission is two-fold: build better teachers; build successful students. To leave a lasting positive impact on students and aspiring teachers alike, Best in Class recognizes the importance of great tutors and their influence on changing the lives of their students. That's why we offer tutors the unique experience of managing small classes which promote individualized learning in a fun and enjoyable environment.
Whether students are looking for new and challenging materials or supplementary exercises to build foundational skills, Best in Class tutors have the opportunity to empower students to learn at their own pace through active instruction and engaging course materials. Our proven system allows tutors and teachers to positively impact students' lives while developing leadership and teaching abilities.
- Teach a small group of students in English or Math. Student levels range from pre-K to 11th grade.
- Check off student homework exercises, tests, and essays (if tutoring English) during class time to ensure understanding.
- Maintain student progress through accurate student records.
- No grading needed outside of class time. Teaching materials and curriculum provided.
- Shifts are 4 to 5 hours on week days and up to 6.5 hours on weekends
- Weekday shifts from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Weekend shifts from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Starting pay $12.00 to $18.00 an hour ( depending on experience )
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior college student majoring in English, Math, Education, or related field or college graduate.
- Ability to follow instructions and work as a team member.
- Ability to work independently and teach the class on his/her own.
- Ability to deal with students in a caring and confident manner.
- Experience teaching, working with children or in an educational field preferred, but not required. We provide training!
*Seeking tutors for various locations in the Greater Seattle Area
Several locations receive additional compensation for commute time:
Redmond Ridge positions include an extra hour of pay.
Samammish positions include an extra hour of pay.
How to Apply:
Apply through our Career Website:
Visit our website at: Best in Class Website
Al s o visit us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Google+
B est in Class Education policy is to maintain employment practices that conform to the laws regarding equal employment opportunity, and is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, ethnic origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran, marital status, family status, sexual preference, record of offenses, unrelated criminal conviction, gender identity, gender expression or any other basis prohibited by law.