Retail Sales Manager, Hale Farm & Village
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by Western Reserve Historical Society
Responsible to the Director of Sales & Marketing of Hale Farm & Village for overseeing Retail earned income activities at Hale Farm & Village and for the operations of the Gatehouse Visitor Center. Earned income areas include, but are not limited to, admission/ticket sales, retail and wholesale sales in the MarketPlace, E-commerce, and Hale Café..
This position is classified as full-time, professional, and the incumbent is exempt from overtime compensation. Hours and schedule will change seasonally for accommodate museum operations. Weekends are required.
Hale Farm and Village Sales/Admissions team, Hale Café staff, as well as volunteers and/or interns.
Coordinates closely with the Hale Farm & Village Director of Sales & Marketing and as needed with the Education & Public Programs Manager to develop/maintain sales and merchandise inventory strategies. Coordinate with Director of Sales & Marketing for day-to-day operations, as well as, development and maintenance of the MarketPlace, Ecommerce site, Hale Café, and special events. Coordinate financial reporting and administrative support with the HFV/WRHS Business Office. Contributes to and participates in collaborative efforts between HFV MarketPlace/admissions and other WRHS departments and sites. Offers ideas and suggestions for expanding and unifying sales efforts across the institution. Supports income generation initiatives by identifying and recommending programs and activities based on the strengths of the department that will contribute to the fiscal success of WRHS.
Retail & Wholesale Sales
Objective: Grow HFV retail revenue by providing guests with a unique shopping experience both onsite and web-based where they discover one of a kind HFV hand-made artisan pieces and a variety of historically inspired, Made in Ohio, and quality museum merchandise
1. Maintain a flow of product and merchandise to support level of sales
2. Responsible for daily closing reports, procedures and receipts
3. Manage and administer the point of sale system for HFV, consistent with WRHS guidelines
3. Assist the Director of Sales and Marketing in developing and acts as manager and administer for the E-commerce HFV sales site.
4. Implements an effective visual presentation of product and merchandise both onsite and web-based.
5. Supports and contributes ideas and information to the HFV section of the WRHS and E-commerce web site as it relates to admissions and retail sales.
6. Maintains the highest level of customer service
7. Supports all WRHS Membership programs
8. Maintain, develop and train an efficient, dedicated sales team
9. Manage and perform all admission functions and supervise admission staff.
10. Control retail and wholesale store operating expenses and complies with WRHS accounting systems and procedures.
1. Direct all HFV revenue initiatives for in house and/or contracted food service providers in coordination with the HFV Director and Director of Sales and Marketing.
2. Maintains Hale Café area in to county health code standards and Serve Safe Standards.
3. Assists with organizing all HFV related preferred caterer or food vendor details for special events
1. Job-related skills include, but are not limited to initiative, goal orientation, creativity, and communication. Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time is necessary. Ability to manage time effectively is critical, and ability to thrive within a team environment is essential.
2. Bachelor's Degree required; Degree in Sales, Marketing, Hospitality, American History or a related field preferred, but not necessarily required.
3. Minimum three years of previous retail sales experience required experience in a museum and/or a non-profit retail operation desirable, but not necessarily required. Ecommerce website experience and maintenance preferred.
4. Experience working with the public required
5. Essential personality traits include enthusiasm, dependability, flexibility, integrity.
6. Qualified candidates must subscribe to the highest levels of customer service