Network Data Center Support
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by Ubique Systems UK Limited
ENS (Edge Network Services) Data Center, Network Support Technician (Tier 1/2/3):
The Global ENS DC Team provides break-fix services across the production data center network. Maintaining the fleet requires the Network Support Technician to monitor, react, respond, troubleshoot, and fix issues across network devices. This includes (but is not limited to)Juniper, Arista, and Cisco Switches and Routers. The Network Support Technician identifies what pieces and parts have failed, and then fixes or replaces those parts to ensure the network devices run optimally and resiliently. This includes both hardware and link troubleshooting.
Tier 1, 2, and 3 levels denote increasing levels of skills, experience, and team leadership responsibilities.
- Install large-scale production and corporate network infrastructure including Routers, Switches, console Servers, and optical transport equipment.
- Physically troubleshoot various network components in network infrastructure including Routers, Switches, console Servers, and optical transport equipment.
- Provide onsite network support and expertise for all teams on the local data center, and act as a liaison for remote networking teams.
- Physical, hands-replacement of optics, line cards, supervisor cards, and chassis-based hardware.
- Troubleshooting network link, device, and configuration issues, isolating the problem, and fixing the problem.
- Creating new RMA requests through OEM vendors for both replacement devices, as well as obtaining technical assistance when troubleshooting devices.
- Tracking, maintaining and updating asset inventory of defective and replacement parts.
- Tracing and isolating cables through patch panels.
- Testing and cleaning fiber optic cables and optical interfaces.
- Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while minimizing the impact on the production network
- Use internal automation software, tools, and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair network equipment.
- Working with cross-functional teams, including facilities, cabling, and server teams.
- Perform queue management for alarms, tasks, and incidents and participate in ongoing deployment projects.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux OS, CLI navigation, JUNOS, Cisco IOS, and bash.
- Physical audits of inventory and updating asset inventory database.
- The job requires significant time standing, walking, bending, and lifting. This is not a position for someone habitually located at a desk.
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years' experience in data center network support.
- Experience with Juniper Enterprise, Cisco, and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures, including data center switching platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of routing and switching technologies and protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems, tools, and creative problem-solving abilities under pressure.
- Looking for those network/data center engineers that like blinky lights.
- JUNOS, CISCO IOS, Linux OS.
- Routers, Switches, console Servers, optical transport equipment.
- Optics, line cards, supervisor cards, and chassis-based hardware.
- Cabling, fiber optics, optical interfaces.
- Standing, walking, bending, lifting.