Senior Platform/Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by IntelliNet Corporation
IntelliNet Corporation is looking to hire 2 Senior Platform/Infrastructure Engineer; these individuals will be responsible for taking an active role in the initial build and deployment of enterprise-wide solutions. Evaluate and advise companies with enterprise technology platforms ranging from compute (private and public cloud) solutions. Works under little or no direct supervision, referring only extraordinary circumstances to the General Operations Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute strategic projects to design, deploy, manage and maintain infrastructure systems across the technology verticals of: Network, Storage, Compute, Virtualization, Telephony, Cloud Infrastructure and Automation & Orchestration.
- Perform customer discovery discussions to understand and document business needs and design requirements.
- Efficiently and effectively design solutions for customers using the best mix of vendor partner products.
- Participate in strategic account planning with Account Executives.
- Deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to existing and prospective customers.
- Plan and modify products/services to meet customer needs.
- Act as the project lead for small -to- medium implementation projects.
- Provide technical training and development support to the junior members of the team.
- Assist with system monitoring, performance tuning and capacity planning to ensure the highest level of system and infrastructure availability.
- Works to expand knowledge of Infrastructure related security strategies and concepts and apply that to knowledge to ensure systems meet or exceed standards.
- Collaborate with vendors and other relevant IT personnel as required in support of enterprise applications, and hardware.
- Assist in the evaluation of emerging technology solutions.
- Assists other team members and vendors involved in the overall support of enterprise applications.
- Regularly contributes to team technical discussions and influences decisions related to area of expertise.
- Assist Infrastructure team with scheduled patching and maintenance tasks.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation adheres to Infrastructure and Organizational standards and is consistently updated as needed.
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure services and concepts: Virtualization, Storage, Networking, Compute, Cloud Infrastructure, Telephony, Automation & Orchestration, Disaster Recovery and High Availability.
- Virtualized server environments VMware vCenter 5.5+, vSphere, ESXI (vSphere concepts: HA, DRS, vDS, NIOC, SRM, vRA, vRO).
- VMware vSphere management, monitoring and optimization, automation & orchestration
- VMware vRealize Suite (Automation, Orchestrator, Operations Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Log Insight).
DESIRED SKILLS (strong working knowledge of)
- Experience with Cisco UCS infrastructure.
- Basic Linux management experience.
- Experience with various storage systems (Dell-EMC & NetApp preferred).
- Experience with SAN management and performance software.
- Experience with designing SAN solutions to fit business needs.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts. (OSI Model, Subnetting, Trunks, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, Fibre Channel Zoning, etc.)
- Business continuity technologies, including high-availability, clusters, replication and DR.
TECHNICAL SKILLS - considered a plus
- Experience architecting, deploying and supporting technologies leveraging cloud-based platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Experience with container and server-less compute.
- Experience with container orchestration utilizing tools such as Kubernetes, OpenShift or Docker Enterprise
- Experience with Scripting, automation and orchestration technologies to create efficiencies. PowerShell, Python, Puppet/Chef, Ansible, Vagrant, Salt, etc.
- Microsoft Enterprise Technologies: Windows Server. SCCM, Exchange, MS SQL, Active Directory, IIS, ADFS
- Experience with Office 365 including deployment, migration and management. (Exchange Online/Hybrid Exchange, Azure, AD, OneDrive, Skype/Teams, SharePoint, Azure AD, Intune).
- Advances the companies professional image.
- Promotes IntelliNet Corporation as a premier service provider of network services.
- Complies with IntelliNet Corporation policies/procedures.
- Maintains open/effective communications.
- Provides guidance and uses problem-solving techniques to resolve questions/concerns tactfully.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening if required by client.