Risk Modeling & Analytics Specialist
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Role & Responsibilities:
Are you an expert in analytics? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo?
You will be working within the Credit team of Model Risk Management & Controls (MRMC) on the validation of models related to the calculation of counterparty exposure under stressed market conditions. MRMC is responsible for the certification and the regular confirmation of all Credit risk models at the bank. We carry out independent model assessments in line with the internal governance of models policy and regulatory requirements.
Are you interested in risk modelling? Are you wondering where the limitations of a model are?
We are looking for someone to:
- assess the model's conceptual soundness and methodology
- check appropriateness of assumptions, parameters, model calibrations, qualitative or expert adjustments, etc.
- review outcome, impact, or benchmark analyses and develop a benchmark model (as appropriate)
- assess model risk, including model robustness analysis, identification of limitations, and their assessment
- document the assessment to the required standards
- collaborate with model developers and communicate with key stakeholders across the institution
Experience & skills:
- Strong quantitative analytic and modelling skills and several years of experience in model validation or risk modelling of counterparty credit exposure.
- Proven project management skills, taking end-to-end responsibility regarding quality and deadlines as well as timely escalating of issues
- Showing high standards when it comes to report writing in a structured and transparent way.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively
- Good computing and programming (coding) skills and experience utilizing programming languages such as R or Python
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated, well organized and able to complete tasks independently to high quality standards
If you think this could be the right role for you, please feel free to apply online or please contact Agnieszka Wojcik directly ( (see below) ).