VMware Engineer - Reading city centre (£300 to £500/day)
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by Optima IT Recruitment
VMware Engineer to work in Reading on an upcoming migration of Citrix users to VMware cloud.
The position is working at well known company undergoing a lot of IT change. My understanding is that the position works with the Infrastructure Delivery Lead but that you will have quite a lot of autonomy.
The role of this person will be to assist with the configuration of the VMware Horizon Cloud platform and lead troubleshooting, build etc of applications presented through Horizon Cloud.
- VMware Identity Manager configuration
- Configuring UEM/Horizon smart policies
- Virtual Desktop Administration (VMware Horizon Cloud)
- Virtualization Infrastructure Experience
- Virtual Application packaging and remediation
- Application installation, support, testing, and troubleshooting skills
- Windows Desktop Administration Skills
- Deployment & Configuration Automation Experience
Things candidates need to have:
- Solid VMware desktop virtualisation experience - Horizon View/DaaS/Cloud
- Windows Server 2016/2019- in relation to virtualisation
- UEM & GPO policy configuration experience
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Window domains and file permissions structure.
Nice to have:
- Azure experience - especially when using Horizon Cloud
- Citrix experience
If suitable, please apply in the first instance via email or give me a call on my mobile.