Systems Architect - Data Storage
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by PF1Professional Services, Inc.
The Systems Architect for Data Storage is responsible for planning, designing, provisioning, configuring and troubleshooting the enterprise backup and San solutions.
It is essential for the Systems Architect to demonstrate good analytical and communication shills, develop project plans and successfully work with a team to execute project plans to completion. Candidates should be able to adapt to rapidly changing environments and technology. The Systems Architect will also fulfil an engineer role when appropriate.
The individual will:
- Design, Manage, Build, Monitor and Troubleshoot SAN and storage Systems (Brocade, IBM & EMC)
- Design, Manage, Build, Monitor and Troubleshoot Data Protection for Servers including Standalone, VMWare and Clustered Systems
- Participate in a weekly rotated 24/7 On-Call duty with other team members
- Travel occasionally as required
Requirements include at least 5 years of experience in SAN/Backup Technologies and knowledge in the following platforms:
- IBM DS8K
- Dell EMC Unity
- Dell EMC Networker
- Dell EMC Avamar
- Dell EMC Data Domain
- Replication technologies: IBM Global Mirror, Dell EMC Recoverpoint, IBM Power HA, VMWare replication/Site Recovery Manager
- Dell EMC Data Protection Advisor
- IBM Spectrum Control
- IBM Security Key Lifecyle Manager