Enterprise Data Architect (Senior Role)
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by Request Technology - Connor Roettig
This position will be assigned to work out of our Southern Office in the Atlanta, GA area (Alpharetta) or Home Office in Bloomington, IL.
As a Senior Enterprise Data Architect, you will be responsible for developing data architecture plans and driving the plans to fruition in collaboration with business and IT owners, solutions architects, and the development teams. You will define and enforce data architecture standards, procedures and policies to ensure consistency across different program and project implementations. You will also guide application development teams in the data design of complex solutions and ensures that teams are in alignment with the data architecture principles, standards, strategies, and target states.
- Create, maintain, and govern architectural views and blueprints depicting the Business and IT landscape in its current, transitional, and future state.
- Define and maintain standards for artifacts containing architectural content within the operating model.
- Build a Community of Practice for solutions architecture while leveraging architectural tools, processes, and practices.
- Offer insight, guidance, and direction on the usage of emerging trends and technical capabilities.
- 7+ years in the data architecture space and 3+ years with big data architectures.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated abilities working in large, multi-million dollar Data architecture programs.
- Ability to evaluate and assess existing Legacy data assets
- Proven experience in architecture governance, controls, and peer reviews with regards to data, security, and cloud.
- Experienced in developing architecture reference models for data governance and control.
- Ability to lead software evaluations including RFP development, capabilities assessment, formal scoring models, and delivery of executive presentations supporting a final directional recommendations.
- Responsible for creating design patterns and best practices for data and the integration of data through the enterprise.
- Responsible for creating reference architecture, and roadmap necessary to hold architecture delivery to the level of quality.
- Well versed in the Data domains (Data Warehousing, Analytics, BI, Big Data, Operational Data Store, Metadata, Master Data, Unstructured Data, ETL, ESB)
- Experience developing enterprise level data standards, master data management architectures and EDW architectures with IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server database technologies.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Sqoop, Hive, Flume, Storm, and Kafka.
- Experienced in SOA and Restful API architectures, with a deep understanding of web services (XSDs, WSDLs, JSON) used within an Enterprise Service Bus.
- Proven ability to work with various service transports and protocols (ie SOAP, HTTP, MQ, etc.)
- Hands-on ability to build and manage enterprise data models, leveraging both industry and application specific service models.
- Experience with unstructured or semi-structured data design and implementation.
- Experience with data profiling tools and processes.
- Expert knowledge of normalized and dimensional modelling techniques.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of experience in information technology OR,
- Master's degree and at least 12 years of experience in information technology OR,
- At least 17 years of experience in information technology.
- AND 2 years lead experience.