Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Basel we are looking for a Associate Scientist for a 6 month contract.
Job title: Associate Scientist
Job description: Perform scientific experiments or pilot plant processes for the preparation and timely deliv-ery of drug substances (DS), drug products (DP), processes and procedures in collaboration with a multifunctional project team coordinated by Project Leader. Contribute to mainte-nance of lab instruments/infrastructure.
- Work under DQP (no GMP) to support viral vector development projects
- Work in a BL-2 laboratory (HepB vaccination required)
- Execution of viral titration methods (qPCR and ELISA based)
- Support of implementation of HPLC-based methods as required
- Documentation of analyses in electronic lab notebook
- Organization of equipment (eg pipette) maintenance and calibration
1. Meet quality, quantity and timelines in all assigned projects. (I)
2. Design, perform and document scientific experiments/plant activities in collaboration with experienced team members if necessary. Seeks proactively for support and coaching from Project Leader or Scientific Expert/or other team members during the whole process if necessary. (I)
3. Provide documentation of raw data, evaluation and contribute to interpretation of results . Provide input for the selection of next experiments. (I)
4. Optimize existing methods (lab or plant) or contribute to new method development and reproduce published methods. (I)
5. Actively support the transfer of analytical or manufacturing procedures to pilot plant or production, including process steering controls etc. (I)
6. Provide raw data documentation, evaluation and results interpretation. Propose and provide input for the design of next experiments. (I)
7. Communicate and address problems, perform safety and literature searches under guidance from more experienced team members. (I)
8. Address simple problems. Recognize and communicate complex problems within he project team or network if necessary together with the respective Project Leader, Network leader or Senior Scientific Expert or a relevant team member. (I)
9. Actively perform simple safety and literature searches under direction of relevant and experienced team members. (I)
10. Keep record of chemicals, intermediates, excipients and solvents within own area of responsibility. (I)
11. Collaborate with other team members to facilitate deliveries of DS and/or DP. (I)
12. Schedule and perform routine maintenance of lab instruments/equipment. (I)
13. Contribute to lab procedures, reports and/or instructions and/or SOP's. (I, N)
14. Contribute to the evaluation of new lab equipment. (I)
15. Actively participate in project teams/meetings/networks. (I)
16. Actively contributes to team goals. (I)
17. Ensure all own activities are aligned with overall drug development process. (B)
18. Work according to appropriate SOPs, GMP, GLP, QM, HSE, ISEC & Novartis Guidelines. (N)
19. Strategic and scientific contribution to Networks, target achievements according to net-work charter and annual objectives (I)
Education: Minimum: Technician with continuing education (EU) or BS (US) or equivalent
Languages: Fluent in site-language German. Adequate knowledge of English (oral and written).
Minimum of 3 years experience as Technician (promotional Pathway) or 0-4 years (for BS) or 0-2 years (for MS).
Awareness for safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment.
Adequate scientific or technical knowledge in a spe-cific area (eg synthetic, analytical, galenical).
Basic knowledge in scientific/technical areas of col-laboration.
Good knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools.
Adequate knowledge of software and computer tools.
Basic presentation skills.; Having worked in teams
For more information please contact Barbara Tenerowicz:
E: (see below)