Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Xamarian Engineer - Ireland South West - 50-60K & Bonus/Benefit
An international Market leader in the field of Employee Benefit Systems has a requirement for a Software Engineer with Xamarin to join the team at their technology hub in the South East of Ireland.
The Xamarian Engineer will assist with the ongoing development of software solutions for the company's business portfolio. In doing so, they will ensure software is delivered to high quality standards by collaborating with their agile team members, leveraging unit testing and following up on continuous integration.
This role is a great opportunity for Ambitious software engineers that want to develop their careers in a dynamic and innovative workplace. The location of the role is very attractive - Approximately 1 hour from Dublin but without the associated cost of living or commuting times, and the range of benefits on offer (Pension, comprehensive healthcare package and generous leave) is unmatched in the current market.
Responsibilities of Role:
* Design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area
* Communicate with key stakeholders in the delivery of features
* Design, code and configure software deliverables using agreed standards and tools.
* Participate in sizing/estimation activities within agile team
* Collaborate with Senior Test Engineers to ensure quality of solutions through manual and automated testing
* Design solutions in alignment with company architecture
* Participate in Proof Of Concept work and prototyping when necessary
* Collaborate with Business Analysts to confirm understanding of business requirements
* Work with User Experience (UX) designers to ensure designs produced can be translated efficiently into working solutions
* Assist in transition of software features to a production environment ensuring that the deliveries meet application performance criteria
* Automate testing of software to industry standards of software automation ensuring very high quality application/solution delivery and efficient regression of existing features
Essential Candidate Reqyurements
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
* 2+ years experience with demonstrated success at the Associate level in software development and software development practices or equivalent experience
* 2+ years' experience with Microsoft technologies such as C#, .Net, and ASP.NET MVC and MVVM.
* 2+ years Xamarin.Forms experience (Xamarin.Native experience a plus).
* Experience of cross platform development for both Android and iOS, using Xamarin.Forms.
* Experience with mobile-specific functionality, such as location and push notifications.
* Experience with consuming and understanding of web services and REST APIs.
* Ability to write Unit Tests & UI Tests for Xamarin Test Cloud.
* Ability to collaborate with our UX/UI team, be part of the design discussions/decisions and ensure designs are reproduced faithfully across platforms
* Experience with MongoDB an advantage
* Shows evidence of analytical ability
* Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
* Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
* Self motivated and results oriented
* Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
* Demonstrates strong focus on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery
* Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
* Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
IMPORTANT! All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU as our client cannot provide any kind of Visa or Work Permit sponsorship at present.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall by phone or send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site